Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Cardrunners any good

I'm pretty sure they have a membership that allows you to purchase videos individually.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 PM

Probably a bit tricky to implement classic CR style play at 5c/10c tables but it is a very good learning resource. To be honest I find it worth it just for the entertainment value of watching the higher stake players.

I'd get PT + HUD first (and the free analysis software like PokerEv and set-ometer for cash games) and SnG analyser for SNG's; but after that it's worth paying for..
Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Balance,

Our library is mostly cash game videos. However, we have made an effort over the last 6 months to be more well rounded.

Our schedule is like this:

Monday - Low limit Cash
Tuesday MTT/SNG
Weds - Medium Stakes Cash
Thurs - MTT/SNG
Fri - High stakes cash
Sat PLO/Other game
Sun - Bonus video/LHE/Razz etc

There are about 500 videos. I would estimate 325+ are cash game videos.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

Taylor thanks for your reply. I saw your sample video you made when you were playing a cash game, and it was brilliant. Some of the moves you made were things i have not thought about before (being a new player). Have you made any of the lower stakes videos for your Cardrunners site, or do you have other instructors doing the 0.10/0.20, 0.25/0.50 videos? If you have made a few id definitely be interested in joining as i loved the sample.

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I don't make videos below 5/10 these days, unless they are HU videos. The reason is that I really am not the guy to learn from to learn how to beat SSNL or MSNL.

We have hired lots of people who are beating these games, and you obviously should play a little more like their "style" when playing these levels. When you becomee a winner at the SSNL and MSNL games, it's then necessary to refer to some of the videos of the HSNL players like Brian Townsend, cts, Stinger, me, etc.

I should also note that even if you aren't playing high stakes games, there is value to listening to the thought process of someone who does. Yeah, you might not be able to implement everything you learn, but it's better to gradually learn complex concepts, rather than just throw yourself into them all at once.

Best,
tc
Old 11-14-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved the sample videos from CardRunner. However, I do not make money playing poker and do not have the descretionary income to make a monthly commitment. Will there ever be pricing that allows for viewing on a pay-per-view basis, or something similar for the competitive casual player?

[/ QUOTE ]

We do sell videos individually, it's just much more cost-effective to buy the membership. I would compare buying a couple videos and watching them to reading a few chapters of a poker book. Sure, it will help you, but you are much better off reading the whole thing.

tc
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably a bit tricky to implement classic CR style play at 5c/10c tables but it is a very good learning resource.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. We do have micro to small stakes videos going up all the time, and they aren't "the classic CR style." As I've stated before, there are different styles necessary to win at different levels. We pride ourselves in not just teaching one style to win, that is why we have 20+ instructors.

tc
Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM

To be fair if CR made a low limit video it would be really boring as there are no moves to make. Tight Aggressive poker wins at micro levels. I think the only thing a micro level video would show the beginners could learn is what to be folding.
An hour of fold fold fold fold fold play could be quite tedious.
You could also not talk too much about players hand ranges as they will be so large.

I am a CR member and value their Videos. I do recommend the site and the full membership is way more cheaper than buying seperate vids.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 PM

recommended
Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loved the sample videos from CardRunner. However, I do not make money playing poker and do not have the descretionary income to make a monthly commitment. Will there ever be pricing that allows for viewing on a pay-per-view basis, or something similar for the competitive casual player?

[/ QUOTE ]
They allow you to purchase the videos individually
Old 11-15-2007, 03:01 PM

I just watched one of the sample videos on YouTube and it's great and I think I may sign up for Cardrunners too...

Can someone tell me what the difference between silver and gold membership is? In the tour silver is listed at $17.99/month and no sign-up fee, whereas gold is $99 fee and $24.99/month. I'd probably sign up for silver due to the $99 up front fee unless gold just has way more benefits or something - is gold worth paying $99 AND $7 a month more? Don't mind the $7/month more so much but the $99 up front ... meh.

All I can get from the site and tour is gold has "unlimited access to videos" and silver is limited somehow. How?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2007, 04:13 PM

Leisure,

The silver membership is for people that want access to the forum, and will want to watch some, but not many videos. You will only get a discount on videos with the silver (25% off), you won't actually get access to them. Most videos cost between 7-15 bucks, depending on who the instructor is.

If you plan to watch videos regularly, you should get the gold membership. If you just plan to watch a video here and there, but want access to the forums, then the silver membership would be for you.

Based on what you described, I would recommend the Gold membership.

tc