Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Not So Standard 2 Pair Hand

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
6 players
Converter

No Stats on Villian yet. I've seen him Donk-Call Top Pair with KQo on a raggy K-high board and then Check-Call it to Showdown HU. Not sure how he plays draws at this point.

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2.4SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.2BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.2BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: 7.2BB
Old 05-07-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Not So Standard 2 Pair Hand

Turn: 3 (5.2BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

River: 7 (7.2BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero folds.

I don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 09:27 PM

Are you calling the river if its an 8 of clubs or something like that? If not I don't get the turn call.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 PM

I don't like it.

Given our read, and based on the flop action, i am not worried so much about a 3rd spade hitting... If we are to assign any credibility to our read on him being passive, this rules out capping a flush draw on flop...

With that being said, if we decide to call turn I am not folding river to a third spade. The only cards I fold here after deciding to call the turn are the obvious counterfeiting Aces and 3's.

I think I need a more credible read to lay down here on turn, but as played I think the river is a call.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:20 PM

I think I would just call the flop and check raise the turn most of the time here so my hand would probably play out differently, but as played I probably call the river. It would help to know what his pfr is. Guys who donk bet top pair, flushes, paired boards, etc... in short handed pots (unless it was 4 handed maybe) are generally loose and straight forward from my experience (i.e. no idea what they are doing.) I think you're beat a lot here, but I think he could play AT or something this way.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:01 AM

no way

just cuz u have the read he didnt give this much action with top pair previously doesnt mean he couldnt play TP this way on the flop this hand (and his turn and river bets are standard if he played A9+ this way on the flop).

anyone who open limps in the CO u cant give nearly enough credit to to assume they wouldnt do this with AT on the flop since u checked in the bb (AA or TPGK seem unlikely so he only fears 55 22 or A5 A2 on the flop with any OK A). Plus most people who cap a flush draw usually freecard the turn, if u werent beat on the flop which very few hands beat u u are probably good on the river, u cant take lines like this against bad players with hands this strong that dont include showing down. Id rather cr the turn than fold the river.

also id always cr the flop fwiw
Old 05-08-2007, 01:48 AM

i would c/r flop. he won't check behind any hand that you don't want getting free cards. as played call river imo
Old 05-08-2007, 08:56 AM

Flop: standard
Flop: I would c/r becouse he may fold stuff he would autobet. If he threebets I think I would cap and lead turn and river while my hand is still a favorite becouse cards that would destroy a turn c/r can come off or he may check behind on the turn.
As played I would not fold the river with such a limited read.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:03 AM

I would call the river and expect to see a single A once in a while.
Also I like it better to bet/call the flop and then CR the turn if a non-spade comes.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:22 AM

river fold is pretty bad. the spade really isn't a scary card in this situation; it's unlikely he was going batshit crazy with a fd and with the As on the board it is unlikely he was pumping a pair+fd on the flop. he shows up here with a bare ace enough of the time, but not enough to put more bets in imo. I was considering a bet/call on the turn but I think that given your read his range is pretty strong here.

I c/r this flop a lot too.