Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 03:21 AM

Default An Epic Re-Roll Quest

For those of you that know me, Hi.
For those that don't, Hi I'm Nfinity.

For whatever reason I was forced sometime at the beginning of this year I cashed out all of my bankroll. Sad ain't it. This forced me into a sort of hiatus. Sad and depressed at the loss of my ability to play the game, I took to studying for several months.

That kinda gets boring. So I got my hands on a 300$ roll and I'm lookin' to make a comeback.

Since I was a winning player before my abrupt departure from the game, and I plan on redepositing most of my winnings into my bankroll(I'm tucking 20% of my winnings from month to month back for personal reasons) I see no problem with making buffered 100BB jumps through the limits of at least 50/1 and 1/2.

This is the plan and I've decided to make at least monthly updates in this thread on my progress.

Since it's all very nice to have goals, I've decided to make one. I want to become better off than I left so I've decided that a 400BB bankroll for 2/4 will suffice.

Thanks in advance for your views, comments, and just simply allowing me to clutter the forum with my nonsense.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:36 AM

Default Re: An Epic Re-Roll Quest

First Update:

11 days of play.

Started at Party, things kinda fell through there, they kinda hate me. Was at Absolute for a little bit but decided that's not the place to find a .50/1 game. Finally settled in at Stars where things are gonna be nice at least for the remainder of my time at this limit.

Hand Count: 5,726

Progress: +147BBs

This includes a 25$ refer-a-friend bonus from Party, so I'm actually running a bit worse than 2.56BB/100. It's a damn good run so far though, way better than I could hope for.

Looking to Start my 1/2 shot shortly. If anybody could give me some info on WSEX at this limit it would be greatly appreciated. I've been kinda outta the loop.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:00 AM

I just dropped from 3.x to 0.14BB/100 (sample 6k, 1/2, PR) and i didn't play bad. Don't underestimate variance, you can't influence it! I lost the last couple of AA/KK, i made zero flushes, i made 1 set out of 20+ pocketpairs that i had to fold (4flush @river, 3 handed). I played grreeaat tables (40%+, potsize 10+ BB), but i lost like 70BB in one session.

-> 100BB is way to low, even for a very good player imho.

edit: maybe i didn't understand your post completly. You have 300$ but are talking about 400BB for 2/4? If you start playing 2/4 with 1.6k pls ignore my post [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2006, 05:30 AM

Your correct, 100BBs IS way too low for to play a limit and expect to turn a profit. However for a "recreational" player recycling all profit is more than adequate to take a shot, provided they are willing to move down or reload accordingly. I will be moving down accordingly.

As for the 1.6k, that is my goal, a slightly higher bankroll than when I left off. my plan is to take a shot at 1/2 when I have amassed an excess of 100BBs for that limit(500$ total) then move on to when I have collected another 100BBs for that level(900$ total). If at any time I burn through my 100BBs for a particular level I will simply move down.

I am very aware of the effects of variance in play. This was all taken into account when I decided on this particular path of bankroll growth. That's why I'm grateful for the extra padding on the bottom rung. This plan isn't for everyone, but I am more than confident in my abilities and discipline in these matters to give it a try.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 AM

bonus whore

goodluck,
fuji
Old 05-09-2006, 07:47 AM

sup Nfinity,

wondered where you had been. I agree with Fuji, I would hit up a handful of different sites and bonus whore until I got enough to play 2/4.

Also Party just had 2 reloads in one month, so I would keep my eye out there, hopefully they continue to be so generous. Have you done the IGM-PAY bonuses yet? Those are very simple, and you can do Empire also, as they are back with Party.

I assume you are going to be posting again?

good luck
Old 05-09-2006, 07:56 AM

Welcome back bro!

Over what period of time are you trying to do this?

We are all trying to get to 400BB for 2/4 someday...
Old 05-09-2006, 02:11 PM

You can do eet! WB man.

Once you get that BR up a bit bonus whoring 1/2 6 max is a nice prospect.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:14 PM

as i like to tell my daughter as i'm slapping her on the chest and back and kneeing her,

Hi Chester, good to have you Back, we've been Kneedin you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

gl
Old 05-09-2006, 07:27 PM

wb Nfinity.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm making a bit of a come-back myself, or trying to..

While I wasn't as accomplished as you previously, and I seem to have lost any knack for the game I had before so I feel like a babe in the woods again. But at least I don't need pot equity and such concepts explained to me again.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Since I feel so ignorant again, my goals aren't as ambitious as yours, as I plan on the 300BB mark at each level. Which I had done in the past, but it's too easy to take out money in the easy times. I think I like your '20% of winnings' number. That way I can get some when I win to maybe stave off the temptations..

KO