Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Account hacked for $40,000

can't believe you got rid of the hard drive this happened on. everyone is guessing what happened, trying to figure it out and you destroyed the best evidence to figure out
wtf happened.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have also used a laptop to log into FT when my desktop has been logged in and can wait 30 seconds and then I am on fine from the new connection. So leaving it on isn't an option. This happens to be the case with most poker sites. I have switched to laptop after playing on the desktop multiple times from many sites.

I recommend using different PWs with each site and if you have to keep a copy of them on a flash drive or on a piece of paper. OBV don't keep a copy on your computer.

Also change your PWs every 2 months or so to be safe. I do this and my wife thinks I am crazy.

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds like the perfect way to defeat even the most sophisticated key-logging software. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you could mess up with the keylogger by mixing some extra keypresses in the password? Say, your password is "password1", you type "pass" in the input field, click to deactivate it, type "f90as8jh", click to activate the field again, and type the rest.

Or can keyloggers get around that?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 PM

Got an email from FullTilt yesterday saying they are still investigating this, apparently they have some someone they are investigating. So this is some good news at least.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:55 PM

There is one 99% foolproof method of keep any spyware off your computer.

There is a program known as deep freeze. It is a passive security program that works by taking an image of the drive and record of all the files and settings. When deep freeze is active it causes the computer to go back to whatever image was originally specified. EVERYTHING that was added during a seesion of use with deep freeze, that is not part of the original image, is taken off.

What you need to do is create a windows profile for only playing poker and make it a limited access account programs inside cannot access programs in other profiles. When you go to play activate deep freeze. Then restart to clean it up. Also deepfreeze offers a thaw space option where you can put files that won't be deleted on restart. I believe with the thaw space properly configured you might not need to make a seperate profile on windows.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:47 PM

Good article on keyloggers.

Here
Old 03-29-2007, 08:08 PM

Good article. Though I have to admit after reading this I feel more vulnerable then ever. Those keyloggers really are NASTY.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good article on keyloggers.

Here

[/ QUOTE ]

While it's a good overview and hopefully also helps wake people up to the reality that antispyware/antivirus software are of extremely limited utility, the advice that article gives is plain silly. Any half reasonable keylogger will not only be reporting keystrokes but also the contents of the clipboard (negating the possibility of using the online keyboard and cutting/pasting) as well as mouse input. If you try to change the destination of your typing to type 'pass' it might look something like:

p
[button 1 @ 400,370]
vaj2oijd
[button 1 @ 200,200]
a
[button 1 @ 500,475]
fsdf2
[button 1 @ 200,205]
s

Not exactly difficult to determine when you're entering data into the password field and this is the 'stupid' way for a keylogger to deal with this. There's undoubtedly more elegant solutions. The bottom line is: if you get a keylogger on your system, you're screwed. Don't get one in the first place.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:49 AM

does the clipboard have a history?

i mean, if you use the clipboard for copy/pasting and when done just leave some random junk on it... would there still be a history?
Old 03-30-2007, 09:54 AM

ftp is rigged for action cards and hacked accounts. What's with this poker site having alot of hacked accts..
Old 03-30-2007, 12:14 PM

How would this have been handled if this was UB?