UTG+1: $3440
MP1: $2760
MP2: $3770
BALTOSTAR: $4850
CO: $5860
Button: $3015
SB: $2480
BB: $5720

Pre-flop: (9 players) BALTOSTAR is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, BALTOSTAR calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $150</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, BALTOSTAR calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($625, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $500</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">BALTOSTAR
Old 09-23-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: overpair on low semi-scary board following bet and call

Preflop I would have made it 200 to go. Do you have any reads on any players? BB could have called with something like A6, A4, 56, 78, 55, 77, 88, 44, 66, 22. I think I would pop it up to 1200 and see if he is serious about his hand. UTG's call looks weak probably because he thinks BB is trying to bluff the flop or he is drawing, and you are going away. Calling is out of the question, and although I don't think a fold is a mistake here, I think we might get some value out of a raise. I doubt UTG is flat calling with an overpair, or a set, so all I see is a drawing hand. I think you could definetly win this pot with a raise. If you get called by bb or UTG not both, I would fold to a bet from a turned A or K or club, and probably check the turn if it was checked to me. I just don't think we would get called by a hand we beat.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:09 PM

No reads. What worries me about two of them is with all the straight and flush draws out there I don't see how we can get both out of the hand unless go all-in, and this spot is not worth an all-in risk.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:14 PM

with CO behind you this is a very tough hand. why didnt you raise PF??? now you don't know where you stand
Old 09-23-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why didnt you raise PF???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. Guess because I've read so many times on these boards what a crappy limper hand AJo is.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads. What worries me about two of them is with all the straight and flush draws out there I don't see how we can get both out of the hand unless go all-in, and this spot is not worth an all-in risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I think you have made the decision, as I said in my OP I do not believe folding is a bad play. A hand like this is one of the big reasons why I am still a small stakes player, I seem to make the wrong move too often.