Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Newbie question - flopped straight but with 2 clubs on board

Forgive my ignorance or donkishness (did I invent a new word [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] )but I have only played Omaha a couple times and was wondering about the proper play for this:

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10.20
UTG+1: $6.10
MP1: $5.70
MP2: $6
CO: $11.25
Button: $4.75
SB: $7.80
Hero: $9.90

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.8, 8 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.8</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $10.1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 calls all-in $5.1</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $6.55</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.3 returned to UTG.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($9.1, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $19.3, Sidepot 1: $2.7)

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9.1, 0 player + 3 all-in - Main pot: $19.3, Sidepot 1: $2.7)

Results:
Final pot: $9.1

I flopped the straight but obviously with 2 clubs on the board is kind of dangerous. I believe I was 3-1 odds when it came my way. In cases like this should I play it safe and fold after the all-ins.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Newbie question - flopped straight but with 2 clubs on board

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] are the new [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

Just call flop bet and get it in on a safe turn, you have no redraw. If you had set/two pair/flush draw with it I don't mind shoving it
Old 08-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Those are hearts on the flop. Frankly I find a fold. You are getting 3.5 to 1 on 1/2 the pot not very good odds.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 PM

I think calling this flop is pretty standard. When some leads from early position like that on this board they probably have the nuts and with the flush draw out there they might even have you freerolled. As played I would probably fold to the re-raise.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] are the new [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow don't know how I screwed this up. And I hit the preview button twice too. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]