Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 11:17 AM

Default Basketball players\' entourage versus Lisandro @ Caesar\'s

I'm never entirely sure whether to post any kind of "gossip" in this forum because I find it difficult to tell what's worthy - this was pretty funny though...

This past weekend was Chris Webber's charity event at the palace... A few D list celebs made the trip (Amarosa, anyone?) and several notable b-ball players were yucking it up to win the invitational..

either way, last night several members of the Miami Heat, a few randoms (entourage) and their arm candy all sat down in the tourney area of the poker room for a semi-private game of 100/200/400nl... Apparantly word got out early as who do we see wandering the room for most of the day but Mr. stolen chips himself: Lisandro.

Strutting around in a VERY tight, somewhat ridiculous blue dress shirt, Lisandro paced the room waiting for the 7 players/friends to start shuffling up before he walked up and informed everyone that he was sitting down at the table. His exact words were something along the lines of "this is my house, my game"...

Well it seems he wasn't welcome, as what ensued was an hour long screaming match between some of the players' entourage and Lisandro, politely informing him that he was simply not invited to play. The players were adamant that they get a private game, but were smart enough not to get involved in the argument too much (sponsorships, afterall)...

The entourage wasn't quite as polite. I heard several dozen f-bombs from both sides as Lisandro adamantly fought with the floor claiming that Nevada law (?) mandated that any game in the room be open to anyone with the money to play. This didn't go over well with the crowd, as they very loudly informed the room that Lisandro seems to enjoy fornicating with mothers....

At the height of the screaming match, a chubby white guy in thug gear (a friend of the b-ball players) challenged Lisandro to a $250,000 HU nl match, which was refused. All I got as to the guy's identity was that his name is Dave P.... (anyone know who this guy is? He told me that he was an online pro with a name sounding something like Vifer [sp?])...

Several swear words later, Lisandro left in a huff, apparantly informed by the floor/security that there simply was going to be no game as long as he was around their table....

5 minutes later, Thaler and Williams walked into the room and were both happily welcomed into the big game. An hour or two later they were still playing. I always knew Thaler was a gangster.

My $100 offers to random $1-3nl players to go up to the game and let everyone know about David's video were also turned down.

Verdict?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Basketball players\' entourage versus Lisandro @ Caesar\'s

this def qualifies as good gossip - nice work.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 AM

looool

viffer challenged someone to a high stakes nl match and it didn't go down? wow!

good post though
Old 07-24-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This didn't go over well with the crowd, as they very loudly informed the room that Lisandro seems to enjoy fornicating with mothers....

[/ QUOTE ]

vn
Old 07-24-2007, 11:41 AM

good stuff!

can we get a list of all the ball players involved?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 AM

this is really interesting, because the same game was running the night before last at bellagio -- with lisandro in it. something must've happened in the previous game for the nba guys to decide they didn't want to give lisandro any more action.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm never entirely sure whether to post any kind of "gossip" in this forum because I find it difficult to tell what's worthy

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you had no doubt about this though? Top notch NVG
Old 07-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Great post, thanks.

I always get a kick out of when players/dealers/floor bosses say "this is my house". You just cannot come off as anything other than a jackhole when you say this.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm never entirely sure whether to post any kind of "gossip" in this forum because I find it difficult to tell what's worthy

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you had no doubt about this though? Top notch NVG

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-24-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

this is really interesting, because the same game was running the night before last at bellagio -- with lisandro in it. something must've happened in the previous game for the nba guys to decide they didn't want to give lisandro any more action.

[/ QUOTE ]

It quite possibly has nothing to do with his play and everything to do with him being an A-hole.