Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 07:02 PM

Default Recommended Hotel/Cardrooms Near Disneyland

I am going to Disney with the family. I need to know what are the closest cardrooms/hotels near Disney. I know about Commerce Hotel Don't want to stay there due to the area. I will be renting a car so I can drive from Disney in Anaheim to the cardrooms. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Recommended Hotel/Cardrooms Near Disneyland

the closest is Hawaiian Gardens(about 20 minutes away). A lot of tables, loose play and money to be made. The neighborhood isn't great, but security is good. I recommend the valet parking and getting there early as tables do fill up.

Pepperbar
Old 12-01-2006, 08:58 PM

Commerce isn't much farther and the grounds are a little nicer (19.15 miles)
Hawaiian Gardens (16.57 miles)

I love both places but have referred people to Hawaiian Gardens and gotten gripes about the atmosphere.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:20 PM

Thank you.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to Disney with the family. I need to know what are the closest cardrooms/hotels near Disney. I know about Commerce Hotel Don't want to stay there due to the area. I will be renting a car so I can drive from Disney in Anaheim to the cardrooms. Any ideas? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the family in Anaheim and just commute like the rest of us to the card rooms. The Bike may be a bit farther then Commerce, but getting there may take less time as you can get off of the 5 quickly and take the 91-605-105-710 which do not back up as often.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep the family in Anaheim and just commute like the rest of us to the card rooms. The Bike may be a bit farther then Commerce, but getting there may take less time as you can get off of the 5 quickly and take the 91-605-105-710 which do not back up as often.

[/ QUOTE ]

One problem coming up the 5 is that the stretch from the 91 to the 605 is one of the worst in the LA/OC area, and there is virtually never a decent time. If you have your laptop check www.sigalert.com before you leave the room.

~ Rick
Old 12-02-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One problem coming up the 5 is that the stretch from the 91 to the 605 is one of the worst in the LA/OC area, and there is virtually never a decent time. If you have your laptop check www.sigalert.com before you leave the room.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly, better for just 1 to get caught in the commute then your whole family waiting to go to the house of Mouse.

You can also set up notifications to your phone/email via http://www.mytraffic.com
Old 12-02-2006, 04:34 PM

hawaiian gardens is the trashiest pile of vomet i have ever been to. i mean the place is a tent, literaly. but if thats ok with you then knock yourself out.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hawaiian gardens is the trashiest pile of vomet i have ever been to. i mean the place is a tent, literaly. but if thats ok with you then knock yourself out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Commerce. Commerce is Mecca. Only nits grump about Commerce. Everyone else bucks up, takes the scumbags as they are, and thanks the god of their choice that said scumbags play poker so badly.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:04 PM

You know how bad the traffic is when you ask about hotels and get directed to multiple traffic sites for getting around the area. http://traffic.tann.net/lartraffic/
I use this one, and what everyone else said is right, there are a lot of hotels/motels near Disney which is next to the 5 freeway.