UTG+1: $10.49
MP1: $10.15
Hero (MP2): $12.53
CO: $18.56
BTN: $10.37
SB: $8.09
BB: $2.47
UTG: $2.20

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP2)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $2.07 and is All-In</font>, Hero ??????

No read on villian, probaly has some kind of pair, maybe the draw
Old 10-27-2007, 03:59 AM

Default Re: NL 10 - standard shorty push

I hate these spots. He almost always has some sort of dippy pair and he puts you on AK and knows you've whiffed. I generally call here against shorties and I end up mucking more times than not. However, I don't think I can fold. More than 1/2 of our stack is already in there (we are getting 3:1), I don't want to give shortie the impression that I'll give up so easily, I'm not 100% certain I'm beaten, and I feel like my A is probably an out (possible he has an Ax hand that paired) and my K almost assuredly is.

I have gotten much more cognizant of stack sizes lately in situations like this. Here you are IP, the board is very drawy, and the c-bet really does pretty much pot commit you. This is one of those times that I have decided it may be best to go ahead and allow the free card. On the turn you might consider a delayed c-bet if no one has shown any interest in the board, but on this flop $.40 is probably all I ideally want to invest.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:09 AM

Once you make a bet here you can never fold too his shove. an arguement could be made for checking behind on the flop, but since both Villans have checked to us i think we have to c-bet it.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:40 AM

The beauty of NL is there aren't a lot of standard situations. This is probably a time when I don't c-bet the flop. Against two loose callers I think my hand still might have some showdown value. This board has both potential flush and straight draws, so when you cbet and someone calls or raises you really don't know where you stand. Also, you are not drawing to anything but top pair and a backdoor straight. So use your position to your advantage, take a free card, keep the pot small, and see if you can turn an A or a K. If either villain has a hand they will reveal it on the turn.

As played, shortstack has put you in a spot where I don't think your good much but your getting 4to1 on your money. If you think top pair will win then you are correct to call because you will be seeing 2 cards. If there is a good chance Villain has a set, or two pair, then its a fold. Also, if villain is drawing, you do understand that some of your outs are dirty. It all really gets back to the quality of the shortstacks play and you have no assesment of it.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:47 AM

This is a very bad flop for AK after 2 cold-callers.

Check behind. Once you bet you can't fold for another dollar...