Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 08:10 PM

Default NL25 - flopped two pairs on straight board. way too aggressive?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $26.25
UTG+1: $32
MP1: $33.25
MP2: $8.35
Hero: $17.25
CO: $5.70
Button: $3.25
SB: $14.85
BB: $16.45

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.1, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.85</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $16.2</font>, Hero calls.

UTG-1 numbers according to Pokertracker is 18.19/9%/1.50 TAG. Like it mattered because I didn't use these numbers in my decision making.

Well I flopped two pairs which is mostly what I want but the flop is very scary for me. I felt that I needed to get my money in before the person hit their straight on the turn or river. But I guess when person raises then I am stuck at trying to figure out this aggression stuff again.

I know the call of the UTG-1 re-reraise was stupid so I won't ask about that. So I guess my questions are how should handled the raised from UTG-1? Should I just call the raise and fold at another scary card? Should I have folded and if so what signs makes it obvious that I should have folded?

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: NL25 - flopped two pairs on straight board. way too aggressive?

call..the raise..

check turn.. if he fires huge fold
Old 10-17-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: NL25 - flopped two pairs on straight board. way too aggressive?

This is why I am so clueless on aggression. I thought the re-raise was needed to enforce that my hand was the tops and if you are on a straight draw that it will cost you. Calling the flop and check/fold sounds weak especially if a danger card hits on the turn.

But you are right.