Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what should i do with the $$$$?
freeroll for BBV 153 49.20%
coinflip it with grimstarr 86 27.65%
send it back 8 2.57%
actually send him it on neteller 64 20.58%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers.

lol 1huskerfan just tried to trade with me too. bastard.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After countless successfull trades, i believe i've finnaly been scammed. Nothing came up when i backround checked him and he had done successful trades. i was in a hurry and rushed it so i sent first.

Sent money and never received any in return and has had no communication with me since i sent. Unfortunately i get to be the scapegoat this time, but i'd advise not to trade with this person.

2p2 screen name is 1huskerfan and PokerStars name is rags4sale just in case he attempts to make another forum name.

I will update this post if he ever gets back to be and becomes legitimate.

Thanks to all other offers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not traded with anyone in the last 48 hours, however, I believe my 2p2 account may have been hijacked. I was not able to log on over the weekend and hopefully a mod can verify that I emailed support regarding this issue. My account on PS is not ragsforsale, it is secondbest, just as it is on FTP.

Hopefully someone can vouch for me, I have sent first on all three transactions that I have been involved in. FWIW, I had an overly simple password which I am now changing.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Well it's very convienient that your back. Guess my money is gone. Lucky me.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I had an overly simple password which I am now changing.

[/ QUOTE ]

please tell me it wasn't "poker". Please, please, please, please.

(p.s. i am leaving Vegas today -- very last chance for anyone looking for an in-person swap of your online funds for cold hard cash. Easy way to cash out (amounts > $3K only please))
Old 07-09-2007, 04:15 PM

I have posted about this in ATF.

[ QUOTE ]
Something very serious has occurred that has made me realise that we all need to change our "unimportant" Twoplustwo passwords, now, to something unusual that no one could guess, even if it's only, say, the name of a country with numbers that mean something to us. (For example: 400BELGIUM400.)

A scammer has obviously picked a common password and simply gone through a number of names trying the password for each name until he found a respected poster. (Who knows how many he has found?) Then he wrote to some (who knows how many?) other readers as the respected poster, asking if they would transfer money with him at poker sites.

He has tricked at least one person so far, and there could be others who hardly even know yet that they have been scammed if they sent this "respected poster" money and are waiting for money to be returned to them at another site.

He would also have total access to the other (who knows how many?) readers' saved PMs.

I would bet my boots that there are a lot of simple passwords out there and that their owners haven't thought that such fraudulent events could follow from the simple passwords.

In other words, it's probably not you that could be scammed, but it could well be someone relying on the reputation of your good name that is scammed, and you will then have the public embarrassment of trying to persuade everyone that you are not the scammer.

Please change your password immediately if you feel it could be guessed.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very serious matter indeed and I would advise that everyone doubles their guard against being scammed by this lowlife thief.

In fact, it is probably sensible to stop quickly arranged transfers, altogether. Perhaps before transferring first, find out the other party's real name and e-mail the poker sites' Support to say that you understand that they cannot confirm the other guy's name, but your intention is to transfer to Player ABC whose real name is XYZ - instruct them that if this is not the case, you do not wish the transfer to proceed.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:34 PM

Will give $105 on UB for $100 on Stars or Tilt. I will ship first to a reputable poster. Please PM, Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After countless successfull trades, i believe i've finnaly been scammed. Nothing came up when i backround checked him and he had done successful trades. i was in a hurry and rushed it so i sent first.

Sent money and never received any in return and has had no communication with me since i sent. Unfortunately i get to be the scapegoat this time, but i'd advise not to trade with this person.

2p2 screen name is 1huskerfan and PokerStars name is rags4sale just in case he attempts to make another forum name.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] I SHOULD HAVE POSTED YESTERDAY [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Huskerfan tried to scam me too, when i was looking for 100 dollar amazon cert. He said he had it, and told me to send first and then he would "send the cert to my email ASAP." I PMed him back and he didnt respond and its been over 24 hours.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:39 PM

xfer

I can do the transfer for you, 100.00. If you are interested you can send the money to Rags4Sale on PS and msg me back with your email. I will reply ASAP and if you are questioning my credibility I have done a few transfers that have been confirmed on the forum.

husk

I PMED him back 3 times and no response for over 24 hours. SCAMMER
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] I SHOULD HAVE POSTED YESTERDAY [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Huskerfan tried to scam me too, when i was looking for 100 dollar amazon cert. He said he had it, and told me to send first and then he would "send the cert to my email ASAP." I PMed him back and he didnt respond and its been over 24 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

IT WASNT HIM RETARD. AND RAGS IS NOT HIS ACCOUNT.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:23 PM

i would like to transfer with you i have 50 on stars. let me know if interested.