fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone who actually understands statistics could actually explain the important of their stats converging and explain why players using a similiar system or working together would be unable to reach this level of convergence over the sample we have we can just end this thread, and make a new one about hating bots right? What am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not missing anything.. for all their stats to converge to this level of accuracy is almost impossible. You can have preflop guides which will tell you exactly how to play and over a few hundred k hands those would converge. But post flop is a totally different matter, there could be no discussion of anything as has been pointed out, since the numbers are so drastically similar.

I honestly can't see this happening even if this was a group of people playing and deferring big decisions to a central person. I think the biggest clue is the river sample of the one person who they didn't have many hands on.. something like 200 rivers or something like that.. yet the bet % was still within a minute % of the others with much larger samples.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read this entire thread and I haven't seen a single retort from anyone on the "I don't believe they are bots" argue against this point. To me (someone who took stats classes in high school and college is good at math but hasn't done anything with stats for 4-5 years) this statement seems to be the crux of the arguement. If their turn and river stats "converge" in such a way that normal humans would be unable to replicate they are bots, and if there is a way humans could reasonably replicate this (following the system the sweatshop owner provides) then this thread is entirely hersay and people just BSing eachother back and forth.

Lets stop talking about a picture of their setup, hersay statements about whether they time out, or a series of lies that they seem to spew (but is unprovable). These arguements are nice and I think they had their place at the beginning of the thread in order to get insight into the sweatshop owners mind/thought process.

So at this point I ask:
Why isn't it the policy of a poker site in cases like these to NOT give the player the benefit of the doubt?
Why hasn't anyone who doesn't believe they are bots explain Why in statistically terms that it is possible for this convergence to occur?

The onus of proof isn't on us. If no one else in the world/on these forums has stats that "converge" in this way over this sample size it seems to me that the "sweatshop" owner and his crew (or people on their side who understand stats) needs to explain this or shut the [censored] up.