Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Peer to Peer Scammer alert list - post here!

Wow. I just got back from a long day of meetings and what a nice surprise to come home to!

None of you had to do this, but it just goes to show how great this little community is.

The intent of my post was to warn other people of this scammer and I am amazed that he has started to IM other people with the intent to scam them as well.

PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY. HE HAS DEFINITELY NOT TAKEN CARE OF ME. HE HAS PROVEN TO BE A KNOWN SCAMMER.

I appreciate everyone that has chipped in to help. I can't believe that I have received $250 from this. I could have never expected or hoped to recoup this much of my $500 loss.

I am not going to list everyone that has sent me $ in respect for their screen names, but thank you for your kindness. You know who you are. May the poker gods repay you tenfold!!

AGAIN - PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM RILEY MARTIN/JEFF LAPOINTE/SANDERSONJON@GMAIL.COM
Old 01-31-2007, 01:45 AM

would like to help you out to recover loss too, please someone tell me his stars name in pm or here.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 AM

windeetree - posted earlier by pokerbookie:

[ QUOTE ]
Beatbookie (Bloomington, IL)

Thanks guys...this community is really awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to concur. First off, the fact that this could be made to happen, and run so smoothly...just one or two bad apples. Not only does this help the Americans, it helps the poker community as a whole by bringing that useless NT money back into the poker economy. Hopefully you all made at least enough to compensate for your efforts, and maybe a few extra bucks. Most weren't out for big profit, but even those who were provided a valuable service. And then the same guys helping out pokerbookie...WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
windeetree - posted earlier by pokerbookie:

[ QUOTE ]
Beatbookie (Bloomington, IL)

Thanks guys...this community is really awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to concur. First off, the fact that this could be made to happen, and run so smoothly...just one or two bad apples. Not only does this help the Americans, it helps the poker community as a whole by bringing that useless NT money back into the poker economy. Hopefully you all made at least enough to compensate for your efforts, and maybe a few extra bucks. Most weren't out for big profit, but even those who were provided a valuable service. And then the same guys helping out pokerbookie...WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

oops I missed that part, thank you
Old 01-31-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i also transfered to riley martin $800 and nothing, I thought maybe he went to sleep or away for awhile. That was around 10 hours ago. It hurts!

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope you are kidding, Because this thread was here for 2 days already, someone should sticky this thread IMO
Old 01-31-2007, 03:23 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to this community for helping this guy out. I did not get scammed, but if i did i would never expect people to pay for the loss .... Amazing community here ... nothing else to say
Old 01-31-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i also transfered to riley martin $800 and nothing, I thought maybe he went to sleep or away for awhile. That was around 10 hours ago. It hurts!

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope you are kidding, Because this thread was here for 2 days already, someone should sticky this thread IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my loss, wasnt paying attention and got took by him also. I guess just have to wait till they are safer methods online. I feel for those who also got took. I know how it feels now. I should of known better.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, except that's an obituary notice from 2000. Methinks it's a different Jeffrey Lapointe. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] My question is, if he has a previous history of scamming people, why is his Neteller account still open?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't get this either. I'm tempted to fire off an email to Neteller alerting them of this thread, but I don't know if it will do any good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat of an update here: I did fire off an email to Neteller with the guy's name and email and basic description of what he had been doing. I got kind of a canned response:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Mr. DrewOnTilt,

We will look into this situation and thank you for your email.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-888-258-5859 and we will be more than happy to assist you. Please choose option #0 then select option #1 from the phone menu to be connected directly to an agent.

The following Countries can dial Toll Free 00-800-7767-6343.
UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Israel, Taiwan, Japan, Australia and China (Including Hong Kong).
Other International locations please contact us at 001-403-233-9466.

Alternatively you may contact us by email (support@neteller.com) or Live Help (www.neteller.com).
Thank you,
Calen(1021)
Customer Contact Center Agent
NETELLER
Phone: 888.258.5859
Local: 403.233.9466
Fax: 888.678.2128
Support@NETeller.com
www.NETELLER.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Maybe they'll do something to stop this jerkoff from scamming others. Maybe not.