The crook 2 18.18%
They are both equally unintelligent 5 45.45%
this space intentionally left blank 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2006, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Should we really care??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
finally those with the extremely high IQ's necessary to develop a working bot would almost certainly not even contemplate colluding for ethical reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. Probably one of the funniest things said so far in this thread, however assumed unintentional. Btw by a man who obviously bought the same keyboard as Ray (the one without the Shift button)....

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLOLOL. You beat me to it on that line! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2006, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
finally those with the extremely high IQ's necessary to develop a working bot would almost certainly not even contemplate colluding for ethical reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. Probably one of the funniest things said so far in this thread, however assumed unintentional. Btw by a man who obviously bought the same keyboard as Ray (the one without the Shift button)....

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLOLOL. You beat me to it on that line! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]IQ is capitalized, guys.

M
Old 11-23-2006, 05:37 AM

IMHO this bot-thing is very bad for poker. When the average recreational players recognize, they are playing against 4 computers on a 10handed table we would imho see a heavy decrease in players. I'm not that much affected, cause i basically play NLHE and it seems to be harder to build an NLHE-bot, but i'm sure they'll come if we don't make a stand.

I've got some computer sience backgroud, so i looked through their Website and from what i can tell there are some very easy ways for a pokerroom to detect those bots.

Here are some examples:

*) Card colors and other Requierments for the bots to work properly
From what i've seen on their website, there are some very strict requirements for the bot to work properly. A pokerroom could simply change to other settings for one hand and then look who's sitting out or timing out.

For example on Party you have to use red cards back for the bot to work properly. So Party could change the deck color every few hundred hands - only for one or two hands and... guess who's timing out.

*) Extended Bot Test
Make it a little harder for the Bot programmers to pass the Bot test. Do not only disply some Text to type in, mix it up with pictures, so the bot also has to do some image recognition to pass this test. Don't disply only an "OK" button in this window - display more buttons with a random captions and colors.

Here is a little exaple:
Display five little pictures and the text "This is a test, to prevent bots from playing at your table - it is for your security. Please select the checkboxes below the pictures of the pickup truck, the house and at last on the hot asian chick ;-) If you've done so click on the first yellow button in the second row."
Use an larege impage pool, mix up the buttons to click (the first green button with an A in the caption, ...) Now the bot has to do image recognition, has to analyze the text in the window and has to understand the text.

And again look, which players didn't pass the test.

*) Make more of those tests...
When some competent staff from the security department (i hope all rooms have something like that) buys and installs the bot and sees how it is working i'm pretty sure they'll find many, many and possibly very easy ways to give the Bots a hard time.

*) Analyze
Analyze which accounts didn't pass the test, or have to try many times to pass the test and investigate. When you find a bot accout confiscate all the money (maybe donate some freerolls with the money), freeze the accounts - make no exception.

The way i see it, this isn't a question of a pokerroom being able to catch those bot accounts - it's only a question if they want to do it and put some time and money into it. A statement from the pokerrooms would be nice to hear!

Cya,
Kahlua
Old 11-23-2006, 06:13 AM

I would love to hear something from Lee Jones or WSEX GM in this thread. Just to know Stars is aware of the problem and does something.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:20 AM

That would be pointless. They are doing something, but they obviously can't elaborate beyond that.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:42 AM

---------
Anyone else having Party trouble ?

All 65 accounts locked out this evening , without a whisper from Party or "Charlie".

Now I have only managed to get 5 new up and running and that was a lot more trouble than usual.
----------
yeah my 65 accounts just got locked as well. damn i miss not being able to 650-table at party anymore. i mean, what's the point of botting if you can't play hundreds of tables at once on the same site?

i can't believe that i was smart enough to create a winning bot yet dumb enough to not at least try to fly under the radar. in fact it's hard to believe that anyone could be like that...
----------
I would guess 4th leveled

Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are aware that 2+2 is monitoring their posts and forwarding info to Party, but continue to post info that could hurt them.

... or you are being 2nd leveled

All from you-know-what site. First post by Block Virus, second post by Blank Virus - brand new account, third post is a veteran quoting a post here. Methinks someone is having fun at 2+2ers expense...
Old 11-23-2006, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*) Make more of those tests...
When some competent staff from the security department (i hope all rooms have something like that) buys and installs the bot and sees how it is working i'm pretty sure they'll find many, many and possibly very easy ways to give the Bots a hard time.
Cya,
Kahlua

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is, that the poker room would not be able to buy the private BOT that is capable of winning at mid/high limits...they are not for sale!
Old 11-23-2006, 10:17 AM

Default A reply from Party

"Dear Henrik,

Thank you for your recent mail, wherein you informed us of activity that you consider could potentially have led to a player gaining an unfair advantage.

As a matter of regular operations, we vigilantly seek to identify and halt any player or account that attempts to gain an unfair advantage (http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/g...advantage.html).

However, we do not comment on individual cases nor do we detail the techniques and tools we use as that would only serve to hamper efforts we make to maintain a fair environment for all players.

You can help. Should you ever feel you have observed any player or account attempting to garner unfair advantage, please send us an email providing any relevant information to fairplay@partyaccount.com.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Please provide us with a feedback on how you find our services by clicking on the below mentioned link:

Sincerely,

Logan Nichols
Investigations Team
alerts@PartyAccount.com "
Old 11-23-2006, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else having Party trouble ?

All 65 accounts locked out this evening , without a whisper from Party or "Charlie".

Now I have only managed to get 5 new up and running and that was a lot more trouble than usual.
----------
yeah my 65 accounts just got locked as well. damn i miss not being able to 650-table at party anymore. i mean, what's the point of botting if you can't play hundreds of tables at once on the same site?

i can't believe that i was smart enough to create a winning bot yet dumb enough to not at least try to fly under the radar. in fact it's hard to believe that anyone could be like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

So 65 accounts were locked?

Not complaining about confiscation of funds?

Hard to believe.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Problem is, that the poker room would not be able to buy the private BOT that is capable of winning at mid/high limits...they are not for sale!

[/ QUOTE ]

The sites don't need to know the poker logic that the bot uses. They need to know how the bot interfaces with the site.

Of course you don't need to purchase the product. A smart IT person should know all possible methods of interfacing and detection alluding that a bot is capable of.

Devising acceptable and effective methods for detection is the problem.