The old lady 4 36.36%
The crook 2 18.18%
They are both equally unintelligent 5 45.45%
this space intentionally left blank 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2006, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Should we really care??

[ QUOTE ]

I read some posts calling for bankrolls to be confiscated. In online gambling that is equivalent to the death penalty. I would hope that there would be a very high burden of proof for that action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude going into their homes and killing them would be the equivalent to the death penalty. You can't compare closing accounts to killing people, it's just a bad analogy.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Bots in PartyPoker\'s 6-max Limit games?

I very much have my doubts that they are doing this.

One wonders if they would even be able to develop such a winning bot.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:31 AM

when i played 1/2 sh limit on stars (about 80k hands) there were a few multitablers with similar stats and most were from moscow, kiev, etc. they never, ever, ever responded to anything i typed in chat.

i'm at work and can't remember the names, but one of them was "rediska" i think.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
most were from moscow, kiev, etc. they never, ever, ever responded to anything i typed in chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funniest thing I've read today...see why?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to take the money from the bots to really discourage this kind of cheating.

If an innocent player gets caught up in all that then you let them defend themselves.

Party can go on ISP type stuff too to try to figure this out.

It wouldn't have to be just on the stats.

But how many innocent players will have same stats like that across the board right down to defending the BB only 20%??
My guess is zero.

Party SHOULD be able to just pick out the bots IF they actually do this correctly and look at ALL the different stats (pretty big 'if' though).

Obviously just banning every 33/25 player wouldn't be enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that Party even has access to their own player stats?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:37 AM

I read that somebody suggested that you would get a pop up that shows i.e. a car and then you get 3 choices like a) book b)car c)plane. Unless the options are in a lot of languages this idea is not good, I know people playing on Party who do not even know what book is in English. However, couldn't they pop up a picture of i.e. a car and then you would get an option of choosing between 3 different pictures of which one is of a car (different angle, different color of course). I think it would take computer programs decades to beat this.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read that somebody suggested that you would get a pop up that shows i.e. a car and then you get 3 choices like a) book b)car c)plane. Unless the options are in a lot of languages this idea is not good, I know people playing on Party who do not even know what book is in English. However, couldn't they pop up a picture of i.e. a car and then you would get an option of choosing between 3 different pictures of which one is of a car (different angle, different color of course). I think it would take computer programs decades to beat this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say 95% of the players speak English. Even PP software isnt availble in that many languages. German client was released as beta a few days ago.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:03 PM

When I discovered the 37 bots on Ultimate Bet, it was very common for two of them to sit together at a six handed table. At a 10-handed table, sometimes 3 would sit together. They of course never played each other heads up.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 PM

The bots on UB were about 1.5 BB/100 players at 5-10 to 30-60 over the course of about 60K hands I had played with them. The scary thing is that I was up overall against them so they were probably closer to 2 BB/100 players at those limits. Having played so many hands with them, I can say with assurity that they are in the top 5% of the players I had run into at those limits.

This is a different bot than was on UB but the point I'm trying to make is that the AI is now out there to beat middle limit games.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 PM

a friend told they have been seen at 100/200... so i guess they are everywhere. better start looking at the lower and higher limits aswell.