Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: The San Diego Fires

ucla - If you have to evac, where will you even go? You can't get on 15 right there, right? Do you have to get on 56? It must be a parking lot.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:01 PM

looks like some of the first shelters are now full.. the mira mesa high school, del mar fairgrounds...
Old 10-22-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That superitendent should be canned when this is all over. Having school today was BEYOND stupid.

They just added another huge evac area, mostly Scripps Ranch. So basically, I appear to be in a 3 mile pocket or so that isn't being evacuated. Crazy. Hope it lasts. I really don't want to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm in that same pocket Here is a map of burn areas and expected evacuation LINK

I'm not exactly sure where Rancho Arbilitos is.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:05 PM

Well I was going to go out through Scripps Ranch, but with them now getting like another 30k people plus out of that area, not sure how I will go, if I end up having to leave. Maybe up Poway Road and then down the 67 through Lakeside, although I hear there are fires out there as well.

This is insane.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:07 PM

ucla,

go rent an RV and park it in a walmart parking lot.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:08 PM

Melchy, I am near the Target/Outback center. If you take a right onto Twin Peaks from Ted Williams, I am in the neighborhood then to the left. Where are you?

If you want to keep in touch with someone, you can PM me and I will give you my AIM and email addy.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That superitendent should be canned when this is all over. Having school today was BEYOND stupid.

They just added another huge evac area, mostly Scripps Ranch. So basically, I appear to be in a 3 mile pocket or so that isn't being evacuated. Crazy. Hope it lasts. I really don't want to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it that the superintendent has a business background and didn't want to lose the money for canceling school for a day. ALL the teachers were bitching about him today.

Oh, by the way, my favorite part of the day was when the Principal got on the intercom at 11:30 and announced that school would continue for today (groans by the students). Then a minute afterwards, they said that Homecoming tickets would not be sold today "because of the weather."
Old 10-22-2007, 05:17 PM

Ucla that is probably a bad spot as Pomerado, which is right down the road, is being evacuated. I am wondering if I will be able to get out on the 8 and head to AZ or not.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:21 PM

Momo,

Yeah, if you are talking about Pomerado Hosp that's been going on for a few hours, and is "precautionary." I still think this may go around me.

As for the 8, no idea but I know that I have a couple friends out toward Alpine and they are under an immediate standby for evacuation.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:23 PM

How does this compare to the fire we had in fall 03? That happened during my senior year of high school and I think school was canceled for the whole week. I remember air quality was terrible and the sky was orange for a long time.