Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Two weeks in the US

OK, I'm likely to be travelling to the US for a couple of weeks next year.

I have no real idea what to do (probably not Vegas, will go there with a group of friends some other time).

So, what should I see / where should I go in the US?

I like the outdoors, towns that are fun to just kinda walk around and hang out in, museums, and hot women (preferably who like accents [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 09-02-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Two weeks in the US

Need more info: time of year, age, budget, etc, though it sounds like the West Coast might be what you're looking for. You could start in Seattle and finish in San Diego. Tons of stuff to do in between and definitely a lot of hot women. I've actually never been there myself but I've been wanting to do a similar trip for a while.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:23 PM

Time of year is almost totally flexible depending on what takes my fancy. I'm 27, budget is somewhere between broke ass student and balla (or more accurately probably somewhere around three to four grand US, although that's not really a fixed ceiling)
Old 09-02-2007, 04:07 PM

For the outdoors and walking around towns, I'd have to agree with west coast. CA has everything from beaches to mountains, Napa Valley, etc, and plenty of hot women.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:17 PM

i like slickpoppa's idea of the pacific northwest down to san diego. start the trip in seattle and proceed go south. if you like golf you could play a course at bandon dunes in oregon. then move on to napa valley/sonoma/san francisco. enjoy the monterey peninsula and 17-mile drive. hit santa barbara and visit michael jackson at his neverland ranch. then on to lala land and further south to s.d.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:55 PM

Hmm...

Fly into Los Angeles... can see some museums there and have a few fun nights (they will dig the accent).

Rent a car... drive highway 101 up to Santa Barbara, beautiful coastal city with excellent food and women.

Continue up the 101 to San Luis Obispo at which point you will get onto highway 1.

Highway 1 from Morro Bay to San Francisco is one of the most amazing drives in the entire world. Stop in Big Sur along the way.

Spend a day or two in San Francisco, have a clam chowder bread bowl down on Fisherman's wharf, go out to Alcatraz island, whatever.

Drive out to Yosemite National Park and go camping and hiking if your trip is between June and October, otherwise many of the roads are closed due to snow (3 hour drive from San Fran)
Yosemite Park panorama

From Yosemite drive either to Sacramento or back to San Fran. Buy a one way ticket on Southwest Air up to Portland, Oregon. Get another rental car and check out coastal towns like Florence, Astoria... others. Hang out in Portland a night.

Head up I-5 to Seattle. Other 2+2ers can help you out with things to do up in the Northwest.

And I would also get up to Vancouver, BC, Canada for a few days. Beautiful big city.

You can PM me for more info on California if you decide to come here.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 AM

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Don't like golf or Michael Jackson I am afraid.

I've been to Vancouver twice, it is an awesome city but don't really feel like I need to visit again right now.

Ok, Yosemite is freaking gorgeous (I thought it was all geysers and RVs and so on. It's now definitely on the list of places I need to go.

Where else in the US has really beautiful mountains / hills etc?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Where else in the US has really beautiful mountains / hills etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zion National Parl
Old 09-06-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, Yosemite is freaking gorgeous (I thought it was all geysers and RVs and so on. It's now definitely on the list of places I need to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Yellowstone is what you were thinking of.

Yosemite is definitely one of America's best places to see in terms of landscape. If you want to hike at all, make sure to plan a couple days there--there's lots to see and it's tough to get it all in one day.

Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco are all very cool cities, and LA is worth seeing simply for the sheer magnitude.

In Oregon, you should try to check out the Columbia Gorge, which runs from Portland towards the East. Multnomah (sp?) falls is next to the Gorge, and Mt Hood is over that way too.

Mt Ranier, Mt Hood, Crater Lake, and Mt Shasta are the most famous volcanic elements to see (although I've never been to Crater Lake in person).

The Pacific Coast Highway in California is also very nice, from what I've heard and seen.

There's definitely plenty to do along the West Coast corridor.