Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Females at the poker table

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a complete generalization, but...

Of the few middle-aged women that seem to like poker, as opposed to wives and those seeking social interaction, every one has been incredibly annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if 39 counts as middle-aged, but if I'm annoying my only hope is that it puts players like you on tilt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

POCASEINT
Old 05-15-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it applies to ugly girls. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
ahhh kinda want to do them to
Old 05-15-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't relate to most of the stuff being said in this thread. When a pretty girl sits down at my table I stereotype her according to age, ethnicity, and gender for all of 10 hands or so until her body language and betting patterns give me the real information.

Also, LOL at any woman thinking she makes serious money by sexually manipulating men at the poker table . Sorry, but at any limit where you can win real money, a little flirting isn't gonna stack the chips.

Don't want to make it sound like I don't flirt a little bit when a pleasant woman sits at my table, but its only cuz I like to joke around and have a good time while playing cards. I guess I've played too many hands of poker to start changing the way I play just because somebody who represents over 1/2 of the population is sitting near me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but they represent like 1/20th of the poker population. I think that the same chemicals that activate the urge to gamble activate sex urges. I agree that it is not a significantly profitable strategy at the higher limits, but I do have to remind myself to stay aggressive against the nice, cute girl.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:43 PM

I’m not knocking lady poker players but it’s funny when you play back at or check raise or move at pots against a pretty lady at the table some monkey will almost always come to her rescue and attempt to push you around on the ladies behalf later in the game.

Chips are chips I won’t check raise my grandmother but I check raise wife every chance I get.

GS