Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 05:00 PM

Default Canadian (non US)players, what are you doing with your pokerstars FPPs

Ok, we all know how terrible the pokerstars fpp store is.
There's virtually nothing to buy unless you play a lot of tournaments. I don't care too much about tournys and I don't really need another new TV or car. It's especially worse for candians or non US poker players as most of the products are available only in the US.

I'm perplexed on what to do with my pokerstars points or wondering if I really should keep playing at stars or not. The only value I see is if you reach supernova status and use their concierge service. However after talking to Scotty it seems like it's more difficult for your requests to be approved if you live outside the US, thing like gift cards to canadian retailers. This really blows and now I'm considering playing elsewhere.

A few things that I want would probably be

Blue Jays/Maple Leafs/Raptors season tickets
Bestbuy/Walmart gift cards

furniture for my new condo:
Sears, ikea gift cards etc....
grocery gift cards?
plane tickets

Just curious what other Canadians or Europeans are using their Fpps for?
Old 08-20-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Canadian (non US)players, what are you doing with your pokerstars FPPs

I was wondering the same thing, I live in Australia and therefore most of the items appear to be unavailable altough I have not contacted Pokerstars to ask. It is one of the reasons I now play on rakeback sites at least I get cash instead of "gifts". They offer poker to a worldwide audience they should offer their FPP store items to a worldwide audience end of story.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Canadian (non US)players, what are you doing with your pokerstars FPPs

[ QUOTE ]
They offer poker to a worldwide audience they should offer their FPP store items to a worldwide audience end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point. Pokerstars is not based in the US yet most of the items are available only for the US. I asked PS support asking if I could get gift cards to some canadian retailers. Scotty responded to me that "they were willing to try" and that they have dificulty making requests if you're outside the US for things like gift cards. They much rather you send in proof of payment and they credit your account and remove the amount of points required. This is fine but such a complete hassle it's not even funny.
If they can get gift cards to US retailers why is it all of a sudden difficult to do the same in Canada or any non US nation? The only logical explaination I could come up with is that they buy the gift cards in volume and get discounted that way as most of their customers is based in the US. If you're not from the US, they don't make the extra effort to get it for you.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:03 AM

What about Amazon gift certificate?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Canadian (non US)players, what are you doing with your pokerstars

[ QUOTE ]
What about Amazon gift certificate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon.ca only offers books, movies, dvds and software. Amazon.com doesnt ship anything to Canada except books, movies, dvds and software.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:28 AM

Can't you order Amazon.com cards, and sell them on Ebay?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:00 AM

I don't play at Stars all that much but have a bunch of their polo shirts and use alot of my FPPs on Tourney entries.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:22 AM

I had no problem with my Supernova concierge request and I live in Canada.

I'm saving up for a new car now.

Ryan
Old 08-21-2006, 03:32 PM

We only use the term "we are willing to try" on items we have not purchased as of today. I don't want to commit on an item and then learn of a road block that would prevent us from purchasing the item requested. Players can get very upset if we say yes on an item and later run into a problem, Dell being an example. Please email me your request vipclub at PokerStars dot com. Canada is a very inportant market for PokerStars and the last thing we would want is for our VIPs in Canada not being happy with the VIP program.

Scotty
PokerStars VIP Team

A few things that I want would probably be

Blue Jays/Maple Leafs/Raptors season tickets
Bestbuy/Walmart gift cards

furniture for my new condo:
Sears, ikea gift cards etc....
grocery gift cards?
plane tickets

Just curious what other Canadians or Europeans are using their Fpps for?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:31 PM

hey scottyy, thanks for the great support as always. I'm not so upset with stars as I'm more perplexed on what I can do with the vip club. It seems like options are rather limited if you live in canada. Your reply has cleared up some questions I had, thanks.