Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: 215$ Warm Up hand, nuts on river. My play?

The villian is very aggro and not that good, if he's c-betting nearly every time is a float that awful? Of course if that's the plan you would have to lead the turn.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:03 PM

It looks like he was just trying to buy the pot on the flop. I'm thinking he has a hand like AK or AQ. He could also have a have a middle pair, he may have even made a set of 10s. Since he checked behind on the turn, I don't think he is that strong. I would probably put in a 2/3 pot sized bet here on the river hoping to get called. Or you could overbet the pot, making it look like you busted out on spades. Then he may call you with a hand like A 10 (not sure if he would raise preflop with that) but like I said, he may think you busted out on spades and may call you with top or 2nd pair. But my question is, what were you calling with on the flop? KQ high? Not only that but when you called the flop, you checked the turn, didn't even try to buy it on the turn. Not trying to be mean, I'm just curious what was your thinking by calling with KQ? (like i said, I'm honestly just curious, not trying to be a dick) Please do message back on what your thinking was on this hand. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:31 PM

Yeah, i don't like the flop but whatever, What is the likelihood villain bets the river after checking the turn, and an obvious blank hits? Is he aggressive? Will he try and bluff at it? If you check, and he checks behind you're leaving chips on the table, and since you played this hand, you should get paid off on it. Per your "Read" Does he never call a value bet here?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:44 PM

Thanks everyone for the input. Im new to the MTT scene and just trying to get better at it etc.

Ok the Villian in this hand was against mindgamer, who was running over the table at the time and I think ended up coming 3rd over all.

Basically I had seen him open some pots and now since he doubled up and was chip leader I knew he was the guy I had to go after.

Its one of those hands that I would call preflop but not raise because against his range at the time (he was changing styles) KQ even in SB is big enough to defend against.

anyway onto the flop, it does not mean that he has hit, he continuation bets 100% of the time usally here. My goal was to pair up or try and bluff him on a later street.

On the turn I was going to CR him but he just checked behind.

In MTTs you have to just be able to feel the game sometimes and how players are playing etc.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:12 PM

Reraise pf or fold. Fold to flop bet. Lead river. Dont think it matters too much cos cant see villain calling.