Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 11-30-2007, 02:24 PM

Default New script: FT Observed hand converter

I posted this in PT's forums, and got the obvious answer i was expecting (can't be done):

full tilt import window only allows 1 directory for importing. i use 2 computers, one for datamining and the other for playing. everytime i'm done playing i have to switch the directory to the network HH folder to have PT import from my network observed hands folder.

first, does PT notice if there are dupilicate hands (if it was datamining me while i was playing, would it load my played HH and me palying on the observed HH? i hope not)

lastly to get around this stupid one directory only import HH window, i can use auto-import, but auto-import, while it looks for multiple directories, only looks for .txt files.

how difficult would it be (since the file is always being accessed by FT) to write a prog to read the contents of the files it finds (.TMP) and write them in a new directory with a .TXT extension, every 5 seconds, and appending changes seen between .TMP and .TXT

i can do this myself, but i wanted to see how feasible it would be, and if others would like it if i uploaded it here when i'm done.

edit: Changed title by request. -Sam
Old 11-30-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Limitations of PT with Full Tilt and getting around it...

[ QUOTE ]

first, does PT notice if there are duplicate hands (if it was datamining me while i was playing, would it load my played HH and me playing on the observed HH? i hope not)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you import played hands first, def. no problem. Not so sure if you import observed hands first which later it turns out you played.. I'd make sure not to do this. I think auto-import takes care of this itself by processing observed hands last.
[ QUOTE ]

how difficult would it be (since the file is always being accessed by FT) to write a prog to read the contents of the files it finds (.TMP) and write them in a new directory with a .TXT extension, every 5 seconds, and appending changes seen between .TMP and .TXT

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

first, does PT notice if there are duplicate hands (if it was datamining me while i was playing, would it load my played HH and me playing on the observed HH? i hope not)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you import played hands first, def. no problem. Not so sure if you import observed hands first which later it turns out you played.. I'd make sure not to do this. I think auto-import takes care of this itself by processing observed hands last.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. just wanted to get preliminaries out of the way. can i do this using a script since others look down on .exe files online? would anyone be interested in a prog/script like this?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

can i do this using a script?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'd do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

would anyone be interested in a prog/script like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think most people using FTTO would like it... the ability to preserve mined hand histories after FT client closes for later import, or ability to use auto-import window.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

can i do this using a script?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'd do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

would anyone be interested in a prog/script like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think most people using FTTO would like it... the ability to preserve mined hand histories after FT client closes for later import, or ability to use auto-import window.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur right. that was easy to do. i'm looking at the names of these .TMP files, i'm worried about names being reused by FT once it gets to a certain number. i don't currently have a solution to this, if it happens, but i'll keep testing FT's software. anyone that knows please respond here

EDIT: it looks like the obs table HH's have an internal counter, and it has prefix LHSxxx.TMP where xxx=hex digits. 000 -> FFF pretty cool. i'll have a release soon.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:19 AM

v1.0 of .TMP to .TXT converter is here. you can have as many computers as you want datamining with fake FT id's for any and all stakes, all hooked up to a network, with ONE copy of PT to import your observed hand histories. as long as FT doesn't rollover their incrementor (you could easily go a week w/out importing before this happens i think) you can datamine all day.

This script makes a copy of the tmp file to a new destination so it is not lost when the OBS table is closed (so if ur using FTTO) and renames the extension to .TXT for PT to import.

this is not an AHK script. it is a AutoIt v3 script.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

Download is here:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/fil...cript-zip.html

u can put the directory anywhere. you must edit the "test.ini" file to point to where ur HH observed files will show up. Mine is left in there as an example. Do not move the "HH Destination" folder. That is where you are going to point PT's Auto-Import window to import.

Here is a screenshot of what i mean when i say "Auto-Import" window:

The red lightning bolt. Any questions let me know. I'll support this best I can, you can edit this script yourself too. I've commented it pretty well. Autoit v3's website has a free editor u can d/l that works like Zend for PHP if you've ever used it.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:04 PM

update
v1.1:
$dest1 undeclared variable. worked on my test comp, didn't work on comp in front room. fixed error.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:14 PM

I suggest you make a new thread for this - with a more appropriate subject line.

I dont really have a use for it - but many will. The current thread subject doesnt do this thread justice. FWIW

[ QUOTE ]
i'll see if i can get a mod to change the title.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good Idea.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you make a new thread for this - with a more appropriate subject line.

I dont really have a use for it - but many will. The current thread subject doesnt do this thread justice. FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll see if i can get a mod to change the title.