Default KJs vs LP mcTAG opener

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $247.98
BB: $50.78
UTG: $39.50
CO: $51.81
Hero (BTN): $86.11

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.50</font>, CO calls $5

Turn: ($21.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($21.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $20</font>, Hero folds

Results: $21.75 Pot
CO mucked and WON $40.67 (+$30.17 NET)

villain is meowchow 2p2 24/12/2 TAG who may or may not know who I am - I am playing TAG.

comments and stuff to the usual address.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: KJs vs LP mcTAG opener

What is his c-bet% ? If its over 80 I do this often. However, I am firing that turn also, but Im a hyper aggro monkey sometimes. You have to figure that the ace is definitely a scare card to him often enough to justify betting it. Worse that happens is he raises you and then I gamble getting odds on my gs and flush draw.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

villain is meowchow 2p2 24/12/2 TAG

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the hijacking but what exactly does "meowchow" mean. I keep hearing it tossed around this forum but haven't been around long enough to pick up on the context.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:02 PM

I agree with Profish, the turn is a good card to bet out on. It gives you so many more outs.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:15 PM

I prefer to 3 bet pf, though I will mix in some calls too. His range is going to be wide so reraising is going to be profitable. Plus, both of you will miss the flop often so that means you either have to fold or make a move.

Raising this flop is okay. I think your raise is to small. I'd probably make it $11. You want some FE. Also, I'm not really sure what you're repping. AQ or KQ I guess. Still, if he has air he should fold.

Personally, I like calling and seeing what happens on the turn better. If he fired the turn that would be a great card to raise. As played, I think you should fire the turn. River is a fold.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the hijacking but what exactly does "meowchow" mean. I keep hearing it tossed around this forum but haven't been around long enough to pick up on the context.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just means a player that is boring, unimaginative. Someone who plays very straightforward. At least, that's what I take it to mean.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 PM

thing is if I call and fire the turn - or as played fire the turn and get raised and have to call or w/e and miss I am back to 100bb.

There is a deep stacked fish at the table and playing the hand this way passively means I lose the least when I don't hit and then still have a 150bb stack to go fish shooting with.

I think villain fires a whiffed draw here a chunk of the time - tho I'd guess Axss is some of those "missed" draws.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:37 PM

if you fire the turn, you are repping AsXs or a 3. Its very strong imo. He will have to fold a queen everytime. The only way he can continue is if he has one of those hands that you are representing. If he calls, you still have 9 outs. Had you bet the turn and he called, you could have checked behind on the river J, which I think will be good here quite a bit.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way he can continue is if he has one of those hands that you are representing.[Axss 3x]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Had you bet the turn and he called, you could have checked behind on the river J, which I think will be good here quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

does not compute.

If he calls with Axss or a 3 - my rivered J is no good.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 PM

If villain is any good, I don't get why he is firing so large on the river. You're line looks like missed spades or air that gave up on the turn.
If he has a good hand, what does he expect you to call a psb on river with after your turn check?

I fire the turn here given flop raise, it's very hard for him to continue without an A.

I understand what you're saying about wanting to be deepstacked against the fish, but there's no guarantee that that big pot will come against you, and I wouldn't let it affect your decisions.

FWIW, if I'm making a play at this pot, I'm more inclined to float than bluff raise his cbet. Raising says I have a strong Q, spade draw, a 3 or air, as you're unlikely to turn a PP into a bluff here.