Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 08:28 AM

Default This is a true story.

The online rake for heads up play is unbelievable. I tried playing $5/$10 heads up, and my opponent and I both made default buyins of $100. I got stuck, rebought twice, played on for about an hour (maybe an hour and a half, no more), and was down $150.

I looked at my opponents stack and added it up with mine. In less than an hour and a half, the rake had dropped so much that, if I went on to bust my opponent, I would not even break even !!!

I sent the following email to our good friends at Full
Tilt and Poker Stars:

Dear Customer Service Person,

A few days ago, I was playing an opponent in the $5/$10 Heads Up Limit Holdem Table. I had some misfortunes, and in short order was down $150.

We hadn't been playing too long, certainly less than 90 minutes. I took a look at my opponent's chips (he had started with the $100 default buyin) and added them to mine. What I saw simply amazed me:

IF I WENT ON TO COMPLETELY BUST MY OPPONENT, I WOULD STILL BE A LOSER IN THE GAME. HE WOULD BE BUSTED, AND I WOULD BE DOWN THIRTY TO FIFTY DOLLARS (or even more, if it took a while to bust him).

I would like someone from upper level management to comment on the rake in this game (the $8/16 and $10/20 games are also gimped by the extreme rake). Please send a reply.

Thank you very much.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Re: This is a true story.

Another true story:

Bears sh*t in the woods.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:21 PM

Bear and a rabbit were [censored] in the woods. The bear asked the rabbit do you have trouble with sh*t sticking to your fur, the rabbit said no... So the bear picked him up and wiped his @ss with him... TRUE STORY..
Old 09-12-2007, 01:32 PM

that's pretty funny.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bear and a rabbit were [censored] in the woods. The bear asked the rabbit do you have trouble with sh*t sticking to your fur, the rabbit said no... So the bear picked him up and wiped his @ss with him... TRUE STORY..

[/ QUOTE ]

This made no sense to me for about 5 minutes because I thought that the [censored] => f*cking. I have forwarded my confusion as an inquiry to FT support, and asked that someone in their upper management address these questions immediately:

Why would a bear have sex with a rabbit?
And why do bears need to wipe their asses after sex?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 PM

rake for anything below 10/20 esp. sux.

ppl need to get lots of their rake back whether it be via propping, bonus/vip incentives or sites like wpex to soften the (rake) blow.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pics?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 AM

I locked a thread that wasn't about strategy. True story
Closed Thread