Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Does your significant other mind poker?

I posted this a few months ago in the mid-high stakes forum. Thought I would try it again here. Apologize to those who have already voted in advance...

I am posting this to get a general idea of how our GF or wives feel about us playing. In my last relationship she absolutely hated poker playing, just couldn't stand it. Is this the norm? Do most women see poker as taking away from or seriously impeding the man/women relationship?
Old 04-29-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Does your significant other mind poker?

You forgot the "I am destined to be single forever because I play poker online all day and never get out of the house" option.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:31 AM

She doesn't mind it. When I show her that I'm making money she understands.

Hence, she studied for finals tonight while I 1-tabled and read SSHE.

Oh, she also doesn't care because her birthday is in a few weeks.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:38 AM

Does the last one mean "I once got head while multi tabling"?

Because that's the one I voted for.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:47 AM

hmmmm...

not a lot of options for us heterosexual girls in this poll...

even though I probably anyways fall into that category that Shoe mentioned, "I am destined to be single forever because I play poker online all day and never get out of the house" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 02:09 AM

My wife is INCREDIBLY supportive of my play. It helps that I've never invested ONE penny of our own into my BR, so it's been nothing but a 100% positive return for us. She loves the idea that once I'm able to go full-time that I will be home more which will be great for when we have kids. The late nights used to bother her, but she got used to them just like she did when I worked 3rd shift. Again, she is incredibly understanding/supportive of that as well.

I always spout off different concepts to her, hoping that she will learn to play better. To my surprise, one evening at a for-fun-home-game she absolutely RULED everyone at that table, including myself -- Megenoita can attest to this fact!! LOL. So, be careful gentleman, they listen [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I figured she was just bluffing every time she raised and she later told me that not once had she bluffed! She had graduated [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 03:39 AM

My wife hated poker when I first started, and was very worried that I'd become addicted to gambling and was urging me to to stop. it got even worse when I accidently left my neteller account on the PC screen one day and she saw some largish - $500 or so deposits going to sites.

Her attitude changed quite a bit when I paid for a short holiday for her and our two kids (I couldn't get away from work to go with them), and provided thier spending money, all out of my winnings and bonus whoring profits.

Now she says "I'm having an early night/watching TV/going out tonight, why don't you have a game of poker" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 03:57 AM

Same here.

I started playing without her first knowing it. I knew she would be freaked out because the year before I had a little gambling problem where I lost about 15 grand on the slots. Then, there was this discussion on 2+2 about four months ago about whether to step up and tell the truth and fight for your right to Party, which helped me a lot. She freaked out first but I kept explaining and explaining. Now she is fine with me playing casual poker and winning $ 600 each month. I keep most of the winnings for my bankroll but also did the "holiday pocket money from poker winnings" thing. That helped quite a lot. Even my mother-in-law said to her that me playing poker is fine as long as I am winning. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 04:09 AM

I hid it from her until I nailed the bad beat jackpot at the now dead Big Bet Poker for $6250. Then I came clean with her. It was a lot easier to do with a wad of cash in hand. Now she knows it is how I pay the bills and deals with it. I have even taught her to be a winning 1/2 Stud8 and O8 player.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:35 AM

She doesn't play but when i took second in a 30+3 SNG i played with a friend the other day and told her i made $60 she told me to stop wasting time playing so low and to get on the real tables.

LOL