Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what should i do with the $$$$?
freeroll for BBV 153 49.20%
coinflip it with grimstarr 86 27.65%
send it back 8 2.57%
actually send him it on neteller 64 20.58%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers.

Looking for money on stars. Currently have money on WSEX, have 5k there but just looking for a hundred or two.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:09 PM

I'm going to suggest another rule for this thread that I admit is a little draconian and will strike some as a little unfair, but I think in the big picture will help preserve what little credibility/integrity this thread retains.

I propose that you must meet 2 requirements to post a transfer request in this thread: you must have been registered for at least 2 months, and have a post count of at least 100. Yes, there are counterarguments that say that we really don't need that kind of rule, and that would-be swappers can easily see when a poster registered and use their own risk profile to decide whether or not they want to trade with them. New posters might also complain that it's a little unfair to prevent them from posting in a thread that's available to everyone else.

But truth be told, I don't see much downside to this proposal. At the very least it will stem the tide of malicious opportunists who figure they can just create new accounts for a quick in-and-out scam. It will also prevent repeat offenders from quickly opening new accounts here and starting their scam all over again. At the end of the day, 2p2 doesn't even need to allow this type of thread at all, so I see no reason why -- if they're going to choose to allow it -- they can't set a few ground rules that will significantly reduce the prevalence of reported scams. It looks terrible when 75% of posts in the thread are about alleged scammers rather than legitimate transfer requests.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:11 PM

Looking to move $1,000 from UB to Stars, I send first to high count, respected posters only.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:54 PM

Paypal transfer requests are not allowed in this thread.

Please do not post your request again, Tony.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paypal transfer requests are not allowed in this thread.

Please do not post your request again, Tony.

[/ QUOTE ]

screw you...ugly old fat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit/MH: Ding! Bye, Vegas_VIP.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM

tony go away dont post again in this thread
Old 06-25-2007, 06:53 PM

No more PM's for WSEX traders. I got my self situated.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:26 PM

I would like to give like 200 on stars for 200 on wpex.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to suggest another rule for this thread that I admit is a little draconian and will strike some as a little unfair, but I think in the big picture will help preserve what little credibility/integrity this thread retains.

I propose that you must meet 2 requirements to post a transfer request in this thread: you must have been registered for at least 2 months, and have a post count of at least 100. Yes, there are counterarguments that say that we really don't need that kind of rule, and that would-be swappers can easily see when a poster registered and use their own risk profile to decide whether or not they want to trade with them. New posters might also complain that it's a little unfair to prevent them from posting in a thread that's available to everyone else.

But truth be told, I don't see much downside to this proposal. At the very least it will stem the tide of malicious opportunists who figure they can just create new accounts for a quick in-and-out scam. It will also prevent repeat offenders from quickly opening new accounts here and starting their scam all over again. At the end of the day, 2p2 doesn't even need to allow this type of thread at all, so I see no reason why -- if they're going to choose to allow it -- they can't set a few ground rules that will significantly reduce the prevalence of reported scams. It looks terrible when 75% of posts in the thread are about alleged scammers rather than legitimate transfer requests.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think something like this is a good idea.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:53 PM

teddy its a fine rule to have, but in reality its very easy to bypass something like that (which i know you know).

my only gripe is that people are going to get a false sense of security from it.