Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-27-2007, 05:18 PM

Default NL25 - AA vs pf raise - when to slow down?

No reads - opponent has sat for only 3 hands. How do you play this pf? What about on the flop?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

Hero (UTG): $28.35
MP: $25
CO: $33.05
BTN: $37.20
SB: $7.50
BB: $26.05

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, BTN calls $3.50

Flop: ($12.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ???</font>
Old 11-27-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: NL25 - AA vs pf raise - when to slow down?

b/c all in on the flop. If he has JJ, so be it. Doing anything other than betting this flop is so suspicious
Old 11-27-2007, 05:31 PM

personnaly I make 4 bet either shove when 3 bet is large or 2,5X the 3 bet (to have room to fold) So pf 4 bet is good I might have put 6,5$ also. Many 2+2er would probably recommend making it 8-10 there but I don't think this is that profitable and not that good for metagame.

On the flop the board is very dry so I would probably make it 7 b/c no point in large bet b/c flop is dry and pot is huge and if I get a call I can easily push on turn. And when I have AK there I want my cb to be cheap. Betting 7 leaves him space to make a move also

Just thought about this I think a check here might be good b/c this is how I play AK since is range is a lot of overpairs + AK AQ TT. I guess my line here is cr to get value from Ak AQ if he check behind I bet 7 on turn and push river if called.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just thought about this I think a check here might be good b/c this is how I play AK since is range is a lot of overpairs + AK AQ TT. I guess my line here is cr to get value from Ak AQ if he check behind I bet 7 on turn and push river if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't really like this. He isn't folding QQ or KK no matter what you do on the flop, and unless he's a complete donk he isn't betting AK, 10's, or any other garbage in a 4bet pot.

I doubt AK or AQ are putting any more money into this pot.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:54 PM

leads for $8
Old 11-27-2007, 05:54 PM

It is hard figure what he is calling your reriase with that is not very tight QQ+ maybe AK, you can't be afriad of the fours on the flop so really you have trying to guess if his calling of your rerasie range is as low as JJ.

The other thing is since he called what range does he have you on?

You gotta put money on the flop and I don't know why not all of it, if you put in $10 and he reraises are you really folding? If you check and he raisesare you folding?, no.

Your raise on the flop says "I have AA or KK or I'm bluffing with air". If he has JJ he is calling and you are way behind (still with outs though and it is Pokerstars [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) if not he folds.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't really like this. He isn't folding QQ or KK no matter what you do on the flop, and unless he's a complete donk he isn't betting AK, 10's, or any other garbage in a 4bet pot.

I doubt AK or AQ are putting any more money into this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think some AK and Aq would try taking the pot away here. And Ak AQ might hit an ace, a king or a queen here there. What do you do with AK in that spot? I probably c/f here.