Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

[ QUOTE ]
Kenny Tran says that full-course golfers are better at full-course golf than miniature-golfers? Shocking.

The mini-golfers counter by saying their gazillion rounds of mini-golf mean they've played more rounds of real golf than the real golfers? Also shocking.

The consensus of posters on an INTERNET forum think that INTERNET poker players are better than real poker players? Okay, I'll just go have a heart attack now.

[/ QUOTE ]

poster who posts mainly in "Brick and Mortar" makes [censored] analogy and is generally retarded? This is shocking stuff, just shocking.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:28 PM

Antonius doesn't say much either on HSP... yet no one complains about his quietness - instead, he's "classy".

Conversely, Jman is boring to watch? Seriously...
Old 11-18-2007, 11:34 PM

Tran is dumb. I saw Galfond lay down a hand on HSP.

Too bad it was the winning hand, after river.

As for internet players, I think he meant Al Gore.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:00 AM

y must this thread come down to making an argument about the greatness of live/online players lol. it's fine to have a discussion about this subject over and over again as long as we remain open-minded about other ppl's opinion. i c some ppl are really quick to jump to "conclusions". kenny tran's opinion is obv. not bashing internet players, he used generalization because he is not impressed by some plays from the internet players. When online pros like jman, durrr, raptor.. etc start playing w/ him in a live hs game, they will prove themselves (regardless if his approval is important at all) and maybe will change tran's opinions towards internet players. and for the people who are just railing the games and not able to play at that level, y defend the internet pros group when u r not part of it? what do u ppl really know about them lol. i'm by no mean an expert in nl cash games, so i'll just keep an open mind and hope to be entertain by any good plays that are presented to us.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Antonius doesn't say much either on HSP... yet no one complains about his quietness - instead, he's "sexy, in a God-like way".

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 12:13 AM

When did shorthanded or HU no limit holdem define best poker player anyways?
Those that play in the big game play about 10 forms of poker and are some of the most well rounded and known players who give each other action to bring in other players.
(usual suspects being Doyle, David, Phil, Barry,Patrik, Gus, Chip, Daniel .... Kenny?)
Patrik is in the live group because he's played these other games at those levels, not sure Kenny has, but he started this mess...lol

The online pros are exceptional at NLH, but they won't give each other action, and are now learning they have to venture into other games like PLO in order to play at all online. (Genius28, Sbrugby, LucL, OMGClay, Urindanger,Durrr, Lars, Pr1nnyraid ...Tie53?... ok jk)

So hypothetically if a mix of these players played some games live during the 5 Diamond tourney, does anyone think these online pros (that prob have an edge HU with some), will clearly outplay the live group 8+ handed in their own game? It's hard to argue, however, that they wouldn't get crushed if they had to play those other games with them.

BTW High Stakes Poker should give these online guys more of a chance and some real playing time, regardless if they say anything, the first half of this season was pretty forgettable.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 AM

I can win at live poker. I barely win online. I am happy to say that the online games and players are better, and if they're not, they're different enough that I have not been able to adjust in eight years since Planet Poker. I'd still go with the former.

Devo
Old 11-19-2007, 12:27 AM

david just wants to stir some drama
Old 11-19-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Antonius doesn't say much either on HSP... yet no one complains about his quietness - instead, he's "classy".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I mean nobody on TV has ever gotten better treatment for their looks. It doesn't make any sense at all.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I mean nobody on TV has ever gotten better treatment for their looks. It doesn't make any sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sry, I forgot that women made up the majority of HSP's TV audience.