Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Blatant Softplay Cheating at Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how people play there.

<font color="red"> THEY HAVE [CENSORED] PLAYERS WHO CAN [CENSORED] SEE YOUR [CENSORED] HOLE CARDS THE WHOLE [CENSORED] TIME! THE [CENSORED] CHEATING WAS PERPETRATED BY THE [CENSORED] OWNERS OF THE [CENSORED] OPERATION. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we sure about this or are you just throwing things around...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was all over the news, though it wasn't the owners, it was an employee trying to show it could be done. Look it up.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> THEY HAVE [CENSORED] PLAYERS WHO CAN [CENSORED] SEE YOUR [CENSORED] HOLE CARDS THE WHOLE [CENSORED] TIME! THE [CENSORED] CHEATING WAS PERPETRATED BY THE [CENSORED] OWNERS OF THE [CENSORED] OPERATION. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

rakeback + bonus &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; hysteria
Old 11-12-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

rakeback + bonus &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; getting ripped off even one hand per month

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 11-13-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we sure about this or are you just throwing things around...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was all over the news, though it wasn't the owners, it was an employee trying to show it could be done. Look it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

not quite correct, sir. Try 'owners best friend' or similar.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If only there was a website or something where people could see how absolute poker cheats....

<font color="white">There is delightful irony in some random muppet telling me that I haven't read enough on this fiasco.</font>
Old 11-13-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If only there was a website or something where people could see how absolute poker cheats ....

<font color="white">There is delightful irony in some random muppet telling me that I haven't read enough on this fiasco.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe use guise could use some absolute detectives to locate such a website or something.

lol at whiteout

gTg
Old 11-13-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was obv only kidding IMO
Old 11-13-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Was obv only kidding IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what AJ Green told Joe Norton.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 AM

Yes, I reported them. I got 2 emails, both of them very formletter-like. The 1st was saying that they received my report and had sent it on to the investigation team. The 2nd was this:

Dear Mr. _____,

Thank you for choosing Absolute Poker; it is a pleasure to be of your assistance. We appreciate you notifying us about what happened at the tables.

Please note that we started an investigation and this report has been passed to the investigations team who will investigate the players in question and all of there previous game play and we will follow the proper protocol to guarantee that this incident does not occur again. It is against our policy to reveal anything about another player or a player’s hand, so the actions taken against those suspected customers cannot be discussed with you. However, we thank you for bringing this activity to our attention.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know."

So there it is.

btw, to those talking about hole-card viewing at Absolute, I seriously doubt it's happening at the 9 seat $11 sng's. And I certainly have seen no symptoms of that form of cheating.

Both players money'd, of course, so.... Absolute should give their winnings to the other players at the table, but I'm not holding my breath.

What other major websites still accept U.S. players?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:43 AM

I think you are making a bit too much of this.

The guy may have mis-read his hand and thought he had Q high.
He may have been multi tableing and not paying attention.
He may have hit the wrong button.
He may be a donk.
He may be the guy who complained about Omaha cheating in the other thread. Perhaps he thought you could only use 1 hole card here.

If there was any kind of soft play or collusion he would simply bet out and win by a fold.

I know this is AP but lets not read too much into what seems like poor play or mis-reading.