Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Prop bet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're KIDDING me right?

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately no

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] dude I sent him a PM asking for an update. God I'll probably look like a total douche. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 10:23 PM

You are so fortunate to live where you do though rika, i was looking at the prices of multi family houses in spokane, and no wonder you can afford to put so much % down, and pay these things off. I'm living in the boston area and would love to pull what you're doing, but 3-4 unit multi-complexes in [censored] areas are still 500k+.........what advice do u have for a msnl guy trying to replicate but living in an expensive markeT?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are so fortunate to live where you do though rika, i was looking at the prices of multi family houses in spokane, and no wonder you can afford to put so much % down, and pay these things off. I'm living in the boston area and would love to pull what you're doing, but 3-4 unit multi-complexes in [censored] areas are still 500k+.........what advice do u have for a msnl guy trying to replicate but living in an expensive markeT?

[/ QUOTE ]

HSNL
Old 11-04-2007, 12:14 AM

this was a sick thread btw...got me so [censored] motivated to make money
Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says you have to buy in Boston? Or even within the state?
Old 11-04-2007, 12:46 AM

afk counting number of smileys used by rikak....

rofl - good post, I'll hit you up on AIM sometime to discuss some possible markets im interested in.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Just got apartment # 5....3 more till retirment

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can retire from poker, and live in the upper middle class. And once I pay them all off (in 15ish years without poker money, with poker money sooner) I can live in the lower upper class.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I even lol'd at myself...I'm such a dork.

What I meant from that...is I "think" to be officially in the rich class you have to break "1 million" a year...that's all I meant.

Upper class = > 1 million a year

Middle class = < million > like $30,000 in idaho I believe

So when I say upper middle class I'm talking $800,000ish a year...and lower upper class I mean like 1-1.5 million a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the latest statistics 1.5% of American households make in excess of $250,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo..._United_States
Old 11-04-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're KIDDING me right?

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately no

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] dude I sent him a PM asking for an update. God I'll probably look like a total douche. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

he was joking [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You MUST have insurance on all buildings with a loan, and since I don't have all paid off, if I did say f it and not get insurance, the mortgage company gets it for me (at a high price)

Business has been going good. I bought 1 more building since this thread.

Spokane's real estate has still been going strong, ESPECIALLY in the rental area (last time I checked 42% of people in Spokane rented).

I've been more active lately in the "legal" aspect of real estate. Lobbying more. Contributing to campaigns, etc. etc. I'm going to the 2nd ever Washington landlord association coalition meeting later this month. Should be interesting. We're quite optomistic we'll get the "storage bill" through this upcoming session.

Also I'm currently looking for 1 more place. I'm in the "real estate agent looking, I'm looking" phase. Another one will present itself...it always does [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also someone pm'd me and asked if I'd be willing to help them out. (answer questions) Absolutely...don't hesitate to pm me or msn im me. 1 thing I do ask though, is realize I am pretty busy, so if for some reason I can't talk right then, it's nothing personal, I'll im you back when I get a chance.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the fire spread from Southern California to Washington.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

The fire would literally have to burn down Spokane to get to me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] LOL

(my newest building is behind northtown mall, if anyone is familiar with Spokane)
Old 11-04-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says you have to buy in Boston? Or even within the state?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is actually good advice. What lots of people don't realize, is I live in Idaho, but buy in Washington. (so even I buy out of area)

The town I live in is having 4 unit places going for $400K but renting for $2,400 gross a month. Just retarded stuff. So I invest more in Spokane, where $400K buys you a 12 unit building that grosses $4000 a month.
(personally I've gone as far as New York state looking at places to date, although didn't buy any)

What I'm trying to say, buying where you live isn't a necessity, although it is helpful. (closer the better)

Also maybe save up and just invest later? Or start a business and sell chunks to get you started that way?

To be honest though, ways to start is my weakness, cause I knew how I wanted to start (and it's a traditional easy way to start) so didn't explore other options.