Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Average Speed XVII Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well i don't agree with using the words "when i die" with "don't ever lynch player x" if u are the seer, unless that is ur peek

but oh well

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read all of Neil's posts, he made it pretty clear Luckay was the peek.

[/ QUOTE ]When he cleared kbar? Eek that was a horrible post, heh. But if it got Luckay lynched, I'm glad of it.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well i don't agree with using the words "when i die" with "don't ever lynch player x" if u are the seer, unless that is ur peek

but oh well

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read all of Neil's posts, he made it pretty clear Luckay was the peek.

[/ QUOTE ]When he cleared kbar? Eek that was a horrible post, heh. But if it got Luckay lynched, I'm glad of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Luckay was a villager because if anybody as a villager was going to come and try and derail a wagon w/o reading any of Kbar's posts, it would be Luckay.

Edited to add that I never want to hear again that if somebody has too many votes they can't be a wolf.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 AM

I mean, my post reacting to his clearing kbar. I think I said it had exciting implications. When I re-read my d1, I saw that and just winced. Imean, I have no regrets, basically when I said "Shortline doesn't lynch wolves d1," leaving it implied he lynched seers, and if he was trying to lynch me, and I thought he was a wolf, therefore I was seer, I was giving up the ghost.

But I don't tink I'd give up yet when I made that post about Luckay/kbar, so it was jut bad.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:36 AM

Also- just voting for the 2nd wagon for "dual wagon" reasons, when you don't have no opinion on either wagon, is just complete and total crap.

If you ever see me vote somebody for dual-wagons, never take your vote off me.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
basically when I said "Shortline doesn't lynch wolves d1," leaving it implied he lynched seers, and if he was trying to lynch me, and I thought he was a wolf, therefore I was seer, I was giving up the ghost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh Shorty- when I first voted him D3 I thought he was villager, then the more and more I read the more I convinced myself that he was evil- and when Spaca made that post saying he thought Shorty and LC were villagers I knew he was the seer and kept going after Shorty anyways- good times.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:05 AM

Re: Dual Wagons, I think those situations can manufacture information for the village, when they put into spots people who are later found to be wolves. So I still favor them.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Dual Wagons, I think those situations can manufacture information for the village, when they put into spots people who are later found to be wolves. So I still favor them.

[/ QUOTE ]

but if you just end up looking like a wolf yourself it doesn't really serve much good. Shorty was all over the place D1 w/o mentioning Kbar at all- and for what?- trying to get wolves to bite? Nich dropped in w/o saying a word to vote Fmx for dual wagons and got lynched- and Supine dropped in late also and voted you for dual wagons and also got lynched.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 AM

realize that im not saying you can't ever vote for somebody not the lead wagon- I just think doing it for the sole purpose of dual wagons is bad villaging.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and Supine dropped in late also and voted you for dual wagons and also got lynched.

[/ QUOTE ]

6 or 7 seven days later and probably not solely because of this. Until the final 5 I was never in immediate danger of being lynched. You can't say me dual wagoning was the deciding factor of the game. Your stubborness might have been though ; )
Old 08-10-2007, 10:32 AM

dustin:

you can't be so simpleminded to assume that voting the second wagon in that situation is the most wolfy thing you can do. it's player-specific, time-specific, everything. sometimes the wolfiest thing that can happen is for a wolf to stay convinced of something ("fmxda has to be a villager! luckay has to have been the peek!"), and you can only figure that bit out by providing them with another option. dual or triple wagons provide more information than single wagons, period. whether you know enough to apply that information correctly and cross-reference it with player-specific reads or tone tells is another matter entirely. it's not just "getting wolves to bite," it's seeing who reacts like a villager might and who does not. if you look closely, you can see the uncertainty in a villager's choices (is this second wagon legitimate? do i care if the other guy gets lynched over my guy?) and you can identify people with information they shouldn't have (clearing someone when there is no logic to it). and then you look for people who you identify as "not wanting to be lynched." it usually becomes very clear who those people are.

unfortunately, that logic gets me in trouble sometimes with village power roles vs. wolves, so then you have to negotiate that battle. that's mostly about whom you think may have additional information and does not want to be lynched, and THEN who seems to be genuinely interested in narrowing down the wolves...