Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Getting desired perscriptions without insurance? Post your storie

TreyWilly,

precisely.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:00 AM

No doctor is gonna care if you have insurance as long as you can pay for everything. They should be fine with prescribing adderall as long as you have the appropriate symptoms. Make sure you see a GP about your weight too; just a few easy blood tests would be useful to rule out common causes of poor weight gain. It should cost you $75-150 for the doctor's visit and about $150/mo for the adderall. Eff the haters man. NT is a hypocritical bastard who gives */locks threads/temp bans based on his personal dislikes far more often than he strictly adheres to the rules.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NT is a hypocritical bastard who gives */locks threads/temp bans based on his personal dislikes far more often than he strictly adheres to the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're totally right about that
Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 AM

op,

you don't eat enough. you're lying when you say you do.

keep a log of calories. eat/drink 4000 per day. minimum.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:08 AM

The "I'm too skinny to get health insurance" bit just doesn't pass the smell test.

Also, I'm willing to bet that a guy who thinks you need health insurance to get a prescription doesn't have the first clue about how difficult it is going to be to move to Canada and get health insurance there.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NT is a hypocritical bastard who gives */locks threads/temp bans based on his personal dislikes far more often than he strictly adheres to the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Baited like the total douchebag you are. Enjoy ruling your little domain, you [censored] asshat [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. No need to ban, I'm gone, LDO.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The insurance is no biggie. Adderall is not that expensive, the problem is that you don't say why you are too skinny, but one of the side effects is appetite suppression, which can't be good for you. Adderall is essentially a timed release amphetamine (speed) in a controlled dosage. While it will certainly help you focus and will likely earn you more $$, it is also a really -EV in the long run.

EDIT: ACK!! I just read your post more thoroughly, you may have a serious weight problem. Bite the bullet, pay the $$ and go see a doctor. At your weight, using Adderall could be potentially life threatening.

Additionally, it may be +EV in the long run to reconsider your job choices. Almost any "day job" will come with insurance, and if you have medical problems, you need insurance. One or two hospitalizations could bankrupt almost anyone.

Note: I am not an MD, but am a clinical psychologist (Ph.D.) so I'm not talking out my ass here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a PM from someone and need to clarify the above. Adderall is NOT -EV for everyone, just for the OP. When ADHD is clearly diagnosed by a psychologist or psychiatrist, Adderall is a safe and effective treatment for MOST people. I'm not real fond of family docs rxing Adderall and other stimulants, mostly because they are generally not sufficiently trained in mental health diagnoses.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Baited like the total douchebag you are. Enjoy ruling your little domain, you [censored] asshat [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. No need to ban, I'm gone, LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know why people would post this and think i wouldn't ban them
Old 07-20-2007, 02:18 AM

I don't understand. Why does being skinny prevent you from being able to get health insurance? That seems very strange to me.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:37 AM

Decided to give the thread another look - glad people other than NT responded...
[ QUOTE ]
You posed a question that had no answer. We discussed your family and health because you brought it up. Your anger is misguided.

I empathize with you in many ways, going through similar issues myself recently, but what did you expect?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well honestly, I was a bit ignorant of the prescription process. I figured since adderall is a pretty damn controlled substance (technically an amphetamine, right?) the process would be more difficult than just "go to the doctor and tell them the right symptoms".

Not having insurance, I figured the process would be even more difficult for me.

I was wrong.

And I never denied any of the "go to the doctor and get the rx" advice. All of my defensiveness came because NT was a total douche who seemed to be sniffing for any abnormality to dump on. But hey, everybody has to stroke their e-peen somehow, right?

[ QUOTE ]
The "I'm too skinny to get health insurance" bit just doesn't pass the smell test.

Also, I'm willing to bet that a guy who thinks you need health insurance to get a prescription doesn't have the first clue about how difficult it is going to be to move to Canada and get health insurance there.

[/ QUOTE ]
As for the ignorance about the health insurance industry - that is simply inexperience. My entire adult life I've been unable to be insured, therefore I have 0 experience with the system.

I know moving to Canada will be fairly difficult, which is why I'll be: 1) hiring an immigration lawyer, and 2) applying to schools in vancouver - much easier to move in with a student visa.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. Why does being skinny prevent you from being able to get health insurance? That seems very strange to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew, I'd tell you. There was a part in "Sicko" where they talked about a kid who was 6'0 130 and couldn't get insured. I'm a bit beyond his skinniness.

The fact that I haven't had to go to the hospital for any reason in the past 5 years - I haven't even had the flu - does not matter to them.

They've got a height/weight chart. For X height you must be between Y and Z weight. Outside the boundaries = no coverage.

I've applied 3 separate times. Once through my business, and twice as an individual. All 3 times rejected.

This height/weight would be concerning to anybody who wasn't this way their whole life...but for me, it is just normal. I'm from a very skinny family. I've been ridiculously skinny my whole life. It hasn't caused me to be sickly or unhealthy. Before I turned 18, every time we asked my doctor if something was wrong with my weight, they said I was healthy and would eventually my metabolism would slow down. They never even hinted that I may need a drug to fix anything.

I'd especially like to thank you, Milo, for your help. Extremely glad someone with experience decided to jump in and offer some advice.

Milo - do you have any alternative suggestions that may be more healthy for someone of my weight? I have obtained adderall from friends before, and can certainly understand how it would speed up my activity and slow down my appetite.

Assuming I don't have any major illness causing my skinniness, (And I think it is pretty safe to say I don't, unless something has changed in the past 5 years... As a 17-18 year old, the doctor pretty much said "you'll grow out of it") would there be a better alternative that gives you the same "get to work and get [censored] done" mentality?

Ty again Milo.