FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Getting desired perscriptions without insurance? Post your storie

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get health insurance. if you can't afford it, you shouldn't be a "poker pro".

[/ QUOTE ]
Didnt read the post?
I'm too skinny
I cannot get health insurance
nobody will cover me
end of story

[/ QUOTE ]

eat more?

[/ QUOTE ]
6'4 125 and I eat more than my preggo gf

"eat more" isnt that simple of a solution. I'd pretty much have to train hard to eat enough to start gaining.

This thread is about getting prescriptions without insurance...nobody has any experience or ideas? Aside from the obvious "buy it off of some college kid".

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you [censored] retarded? If you're concerned with your lack of weight, the last thing you need is adderall. I'd recommend a steady diet of benzos, food, and beer. And if you're smoking, cut that out, as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dont smoke
Plenty of food and beer
Im never sick, Im not worried about my lack of weight, I'm worried about my work ethic effecting my future career (i dont want to be a grinder forever)

Why do OOTers always turn a thread into an OP bash? Seriously...can anybody contribute?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:06 PM

w/o insurance it's going to be way too expensive to get it legally even if you can find some hack to prescribe it to you. just find someone who gets the pills but doesn't like taking them, befriend that person and buy/bum the pills from them.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:08 PM

How is having health insurance relevant to obtaining a prescription? I was without insurance for years and never had a problem (other than paying way too damn much).
Old 07-19-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
w/o insurance it's going to be way too expensive to get it legally even if you can find some hack to prescribe it to you. just find someone who gets the pills but doesn't like taking them, befriend that person and buy/bum the pills from them.

[/ QUOTE ]
The $ isnt an issue. I can afford a 300$ psychiatrist visit and a 60$ bottle of pills if that's the solution.
$ is the least of my worries
Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why do OOTers always turn a thread into an OP bash? Seriously...can anybody contribute?

[/ QUOTE ]

because most of the time when someone posts a question in an OOT thread they are a huge idiot?

you are about to have a kid and you don't have health insurance. that's great. i hope your woman does, at least.

either gain weight or get a job that gives you coverage. it's idiotic to have a kid and not have health insurance. period. you're an idiot.

it's also idiotic to take stimulant drugs when your metabolism and weight are already clearly [censored] up.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 PM

Having insurance is not a requirement for prescription drugs. You can go see a doctor and ask him to write you a prescription for it. You just pay for the visit(s) out of your own pocket. The same thing goes for the prescription itself.

It will cost you more than if you had insurance, but probably less than you've saved by not having insurance for a while.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 PM

lol $60 / bottle, good luck dude, prescription drugs are sick expensive. $200-300/30 days (1/2 bottle) is not unrealistic for some drugs. check the retail price on adderall (you'll def want a generic brand, which will retail for less)... $60/bottle is what you'd pay with health insurance
Old 07-19-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The $ isnt an issue. I can afford a 300$ psychiatrist visit and a 60$ bottle of pills if that's the solution.
$ is the least of my worries

[/ QUOTE ]

then go to a psychiatrist and get diagnosed and go get the pills. you may have to go to a GP to get referred to a psychiatrist, or you might not.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get health insurance. if you can't afford it, you shouldn't be a "poker pro".

[/ QUOTE ]
Didnt read the post?
I'm too skinny
I cannot get health insurance
nobody will cover me
end of story

[/ QUOTE ]

eat more?

[/ QUOTE ]
6'4 125 and I eat more than my preggo gf

"eat more" isnt that simple of a solution. I'd pretty much have to train hard to eat enough to start gaining.

This thread is about getting prescriptions without insurance...nobody has any experience or ideas? Aside from the obvious "buy it off of some college kid".

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you [censored] retarded? If you're concerned with your lack of weight, the last thing you need is adderall. I'd recommend a steady diet of benzos, food, and beer. And if you're smoking, cut that out, as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dont smoke
Plenty of food and beer
Im never sick, Im not worried about my lack of weight, I'm worried about my work ethic effecting my future career (i dont want to be a grinder forever)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bashing you, just giving constructive advice.

If you are actually concerned about your health, I would ask to be checked out for some form of thyroid disorder immediately. I can't/don't care to imagine what you actually look like at that height and weight.

And as others have said, your insurance or the lack thereof has no bearing on whether or not you can get the script.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because most of the time when someone posts a question in an OOT thread they are a huge idiot?

you are about to have a kid and you don't have health insurance. that's great. i hope your woman does, at least.

either gain weight or get a job that gives you coverage. it's idiotic to have a kid and not have health insurance. period. you're an idiot.

it's also idiotic to take stimulant drugs when your metabolism and weight are already clearly [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Living up to the OOT standard! Good work.

You know nothing of my financial, personal, or household situation, but you've done a great job fabricating one that you can criticize.

Just because I cant get insurance doesnt mean the gf/child cant.

My weight has been 120-125 since i was 15 years old - nothing, and I mean NOTHING has changed that. I've had adderall in regular supply at one time, didnt change a thing. I've had a personal trainer and eaten like a horse for a 3 month period, no change. My weight and my health are not a concern to me - I havent had more than a cold in 5 years.

Thanks for your input though, you were really helpful. Calling me an idiot and all...really made me see the error of my ways.

Looks like the best solution is to find a GP and take it from there... TY for the input all.