Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

View Poll Results: what to do with the high hand jackpot monies?
Jackpot is included in the action. Slim gets 25% of it. 271 84.95%
Jackpot is a bonus, and does not count as action. Slim gets nothing from it. 18 5.64%
You guys should have figured this shiznit out earlier. Split the difference and give Slim 12.5% or something. 27 8.46%
Something else / i like to vote for random options / ysscky 3 0.94%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Malloreon II: Return of the Rivan King GAME THREAD

You have to assume Bluff is going to go nuts before he dies. Mengha peacefully gets lynched about 0% of the time.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:53 PM

Chim, now you're just being unreasonable. Even Bluff realized that its better for him to stay alive there. Anyone would realize that. He just made a bad judgement call on whether to gamble gamble or not. If you would keep firing demons until you die with your partner being the secondary lynch with cover as fake Toth, its very lol.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Maybe.. I just think our odds of winning without a few Mengha kills was very low.

I understand what you're saying, but, it is a kinda natural reaction for Mengha to go off. It was a good play by you guys, for you.. because you had an opportunity to eliminate Mengha without him helping evils win. However, I felt it was a pretty natural move to do.

If Mengha just dies there he needs to seem afk or it'll be pretty suspicious he didn't go off. If he can die without raising suspicion that would be the right play.. but in the heat of the battle it is common to go for the gusto.

Furthermore, we had a plan that if Bluff or FCBL got targetted we had to go for the win right there. Unfortunately, that night played out far too late and Mengha did not get a second kill in.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:20 PM

I was stopping after two kills. fwiw. But I dont claim perfect strategy thinking there. Had shorty not outted me, there was no way I was getting lynched. I didn't expect to come back and see so many votes on me.

I also might have been drinking.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:49 PM

i didn't save all my IMs from last night with lastchance since i moved to a different computer, but i noted a few mistakes the evils made. i think there were seven, so i'm gonna have to try to remember seven at this point.

thing 1: targeting me as mengha before the first evil chat. Not a good idea.

thing 2: targeting xorbie as part of your mengha targets, ESPECIALLY if you know he's vanillage, and especially since he's the wolfiest unconfirmed left hanging around.

thing 3: blowing yourself up as mengha when a wolf is #2 votes. chuckles might live for a long time if we out him as toth, especially since at that point the evil's vote power (actual, not face value) basically equaled the village at that point and one AFK villager could force the game for the evils (or perhaps the neutrals, the way we planned it out). you have to stop shooting after xorbie dies.

thing 4: DO NOT KILL ZURVAN AT NIGHT. HOLY CRAP. bad call.

thing 5: don't all claim vanillager. that's dumb. especially when you do it early. xorbie and IY NEVER claimed nillager. KM claimed very late. FCBL and Chim (and Toth, nearly out of necessity) were all claimed way too early.

thing 6: evils need to make the first move when it's time to roleclaim / try to lynch people off. if you're next on the block, like FCBL was, and are unquestionably the next lynch, SAY SOMETHING. alert us. i don't care what; we can't just assume the three wolfiest people in the game are wolves. sorry. we figured the evils were doomed in that scenario anyway.

thing 7: i can't remember this one. probably something to do with the votebuyer dying. i don't care what you have to do. don't let the votebuyer die, or you can't win. FCBL has to claim silk, liselle, SOMETHING.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't save all my IMs from last night with lastchance since i moved to a different computer, but i noted a few mistakes the evils made. i think there were seven, so i'm gonna have to try to remember seven at this point.

thing 1: targeting me as mengha before the first evil chat. Not a good idea.

thing 2: targeting xorbie as part of your mengha targets, ESPECIALLY if you know he's vanillage, and especially since he's the wolfiest unconfirmed left hanging around.

thing 3: blowing yourself up as mengha when a wolf is #2 votes. chuckles might live for a long time if we out him as toth, especially since at that point the evil's vote power (actual, not face value) basically equaled the village at that point and one AFK villager could force the game for the evils (or perhaps the neutrals, the way we planned it out). you have to stop shooting after xorbie dies.

thing 5: don't all claim vanillager. that's dumb. especially when you do it early. xorbie and IY NEVER claimed nillager. KM claimed very late. FCBL and Chim (and Toth, nearly out of necessity) were all claimed way too early.

thing 6: evils need to make the first move when it's time to roleclaim / try to lynch people off. if you're next on the block, like FCBL was, and are unquestionably the next lynch, SAY SOMETHING. alert us. i don't care what; we can't just assume the three wolfiest people in the game are wolves. sorry. we figured the evils were doomed in that scenario anyway.

thing 7: i can't remember this one. probably something to do with the votebuyer dying. i don't care what you have to do. don't let the votebuyer die, or you can't win. FCBL has to claim silk, liselle, SOMETHING.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the analysis Shortline. I will try to learn from my play in this game and will hopefully be better next time. I still cannot believe that you did not know who I was. My entire play was based on the fact that you would help me when the end was near. When you posted "DON'T SAY ANYTHING" I assumed there was an alternative plan, and continued along. My last minute Toth claim came from not knowing what else to do at that point. Chim's two votes were still on me and we could do nothing without him moving to someone else, preferably GT1T.

Again, all in all,an awesome game. Looking forward to Elections and STTNG!

-FNG
Old 01-15-2007, 09:00 PM

If we move to GT1T we're done anyways.

What really stopped me from doing something was Shorty's post about not saying anything. It spoke to me that he knew what was going on and would change it.

Still an error, I shoulda just done it. I think a handful of things went wrong this game.

Was fun, though, thanks VR and Jared.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, if I live to the next day, I respond to every single post in the game with the words LYNCH FCBL unless that's the content of the given post.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:28 PM

I don't think this was the 7th thing. I'll look back through my logs later. First six are right though.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:59 PM

MVP = me.

GG all (it's over, right?)