Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Hug Ban

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how the kids are putting up with this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with you, BCPVP. Those are just social artifacts. Maybe alright in some countries and not in others. What next ban men holding hands like Bush and King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud at camp David? It is simply an accepted cultural thing, a sign of closeness!

Just in case, here is the video link to two innocent men holding hands whilst taking a walk. Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you'll do anything to cram your dislike for Bush in a conversation where it doesn't belong, won't you?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:52 PM

Funny. Hugging was banned in my Middle school. As was hand holding and kissing. FWIW, the issue has little to do with area and everything to do with an idiotic administrator.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:01 PM

I just hope that this girl is added to the Sexual Offenders Registry. She's an obvious canddidate to be an offender once she becomes an adult.

Since we won't be able to ship her off to jail (still a minor), at least we can protect the future generations of children from her.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with you, BCPVP. Those are just social artifacts. Maybe alright in some countries and not in others. What next ban men holding hands like Bush and King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud at camp David? It is simply an accepted cultural thing, a sign of closeness!

Just in case, here is the video link to two innocent men holding hands whilst taking a walk. Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you'll do anything to cram your dislike for Bush in a conversation where it doesn't belong, won't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I one of the few Americans that doesn't see anything wrong with Bush holding the hand of the Arab dude? Its a sign of respect and friendship in their culture. I'm proud that crazy Christian Bush was able to get over his homophobia and hold the guys hand. Americans are so dumb.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FFS don't we have better things to worry about? Millions and millions of human beings world wide are starving or sick or killing each other (amongst other real problems, like a 90+ % incumbent re-election rate in this country) and some people are sitting around having a debate on whether we should ban hugs in school.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need a hug.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I one of the few Americans that doesn't see anything wrong with Bush holding the hand of the Arab dude? Its a sign of respect and friendship in their culture. I'm proud that crazy Christian Bush was able to get over his homophobia and hold the guys hand. Americans are so dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's not the point. I agree with the sentiment behind what was said, it just doesn't belong in every fricking conversation that he can drop it into. This is a thread about Hug Bans in schools, not about George Fing Bush.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:06 PM

MidGe is Broken Glass Can: The Bush/America Hater Edition™.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM

I don't see how banning of hugs should be an important issue. What is more interesting to me is that, if you believe the article linked in the OP, hugging is becoming more and more prevalent between young students. If this is true, what are the forces at work which are causing this trend?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how banning of hugs should be an important issue. What is more interesting to me is that, if you believe the article linked in the OP, hugging is becoming more and more prevalent between young students. If this is true, what are the forces at work which are causing this trend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kids are growing up to be better people?