Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Default $50nl all-in nut flush draw

Was this stupid?

This is my biggest losing hand over my last 3000 and looking back I was getting a bit too uber aggressive.

Villain 24/18/4 over 130 hands

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $160.05
SB: $23.85
BB: $54.85
Hero (UTG): $63.55
CO: $57.90

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
Hero calls $0.50, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($8) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $16</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $61.55 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $45.55

Turn: ($131.10) 9 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($131.10) J (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Removed results...
Old 10-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: $50nl all-in nut flush draw

Fold pre flop first of all. If youre going to play though, then raise it up, dont open limp. As played I probably c/c or c/r the flop, not really a big fan of the b/3b here. Villains stats are kinda taggish, although a little loose, so I doubt he is raising you here with a hand he intends on folding.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Ugh I hate preflop for a start.
His flop raise is so big that I might just give it up there, but if I had A7 hearts or AK/AQ hearts I'm going all in. As played, flush draw with an overcard which won't be good a lot of the time is pretty bad
Old 10-30-2007, 01:29 PM

Why the flop bet? It's really weak, and sets up the pre-flop aggressor to raise you. Just check and see what he does.

Also, remember that the power of pushing with a draw is in the fold equity. The button is getting 2-1 to call your push, so I don't think you have much.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 PM

please don't limp utg with that hand. fold to his raise pf. If you're gonna get aggressive on the flop, I c/r because of the fold equity.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please don't limp utg with that hand. fold to his raise pf. If you're gonna get aggressive on the flop, I c/r because of the fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]Hate the limp but the PF call is ok after BTN underbets a bit and both blinds call.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:46 PM

You've already been told not to limp UTG.

On the flop you make a donk-bet into the preflop raiser which I'm not crazy about. You've made a great draw on this flop but you don't have a hand yet. If you bet here and are called, you might be in a good position to get paid if a heart comes. If you bet here and are raised big, like you were, the odds to call are now not very good. If you do call, you might not get paid on a heart. And if the heart doesn't come, you've committed a lot of money to a hand where you are out of position and you don't even know if your ace outs are good. So you're out of position with a lot of money in the pot and only 9 outs.

Re-raising here I don't like at all, because you can be pretty sure he is calling you after he raised you on the flop. Shoving over the top of him is a sure way to get all your money in drawing to 9 outs. I would check this flop because you get to see what the button does, and you might get some better odds if the blinds call a small bet from the button.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Hate the limp but the PF call is ok after BTN underbets a bit and both blinds call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PF call was kinda for flush value as I was getting a good price. God knows what I was doing on the flop though.