Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: JJ vs. thac - NL$100

[ QUOTE ]
Do you call with JJ?
Do you call with KQ?
Do you call with AQ?
Do you call with AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are basically all the same hand except for JJ since part of villains range here is qx. Against someone described as a 17/14 ABC tag and assuming no other reads you should be folding all of these.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 AM

It seems everyone is looking for THE correct line here. I think maybe there isn't one.

Against an unknown/non-reg I think C/F is THE correct line. Against a reg we need to consider metagame and keep him honest. Shouldn't we be talking about the frequency that we will c/c or b/f or c/r against a good reg?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:51 AM

Does he know who you are?
Has he been tricky before?

Against a 2+2er being fancy vs me this is a check/call (Great bluffing card, good floating flop, he'd prob raise me with a set straight up, he'll prob raise with a FD as its all part of playing back/being fancy with me).

If hes playing ABC then just give it up, he'll be ahead alot here and the EV of betting is reduced by bluffs anyway.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you call with JJ?
Do you call with KQ?
Do you call with AQ?
Do you call with AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are basically all the same hand except for JJ since part of villains range here is qx. Against someone described as a 17/14 ABC tag and assuming no other reads you should be folding all of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I hope this shows that a bluff raise in this spot against another regular is far from spew and indeed is a logical continuation of the flop float?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you call with JJ?
Do you call with KQ?
Do you call with AQ?
Do you call with AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I hope this shows that a bluff raise in this spot against another regular is far from spew and indeed is a logical continuation of the flop float?

[/ QUOTE ]

but then ur not ABC are you?

and I like check/call more than bet/call. All your doing with bet/call is giving him a chance to fold whatever junk he might be floating you with.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:06 AM

kinda grunching, I think against a 2p2 reg the play here changes greatly. Against most tags, I think they may play a Q like this/they might flat diamonds on the flop. Against a good 2p2 reg, I expect neither...

I think c/c is fine but creates alot of tough decisions on the river. I'm honestly fine with crai, because I don't think thac can call with very much of his range. Really depends on my mood, I think both are +EV. CC donk any river is probably ok, cc/cc is probably ok, but leads to tough river decisions for sure
Old 10-30-2007, 11:09 AM

I find it hard to believe thac will be ABC against a pooh bah 2+2'er [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM

and all that is assuming you want to get frisky or he's been getting out of line etc. I think c/f or b/f is fine in alot of situations and I probably wouldn't try anything crazy unless I had a reason to
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you call with JJ?
Do you call with KQ?
Do you call with AQ?
Do you call with AA?

[/ QUOTE ] These are basically all the same hand except for JJ since part of villains range here is qx. Against someone described as a 17/14 ABC tag and assuming no other reads you should be folding all of these.

[/ QUOTE ] So I hope this shows that a bluff raise in this spot against another regular is far from spew and indeed is a logical continuation of the flop float?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. This is what I was talking about when I said that cold calling in position can be profitable bc of all the times villain is giving up after the flop or bet folding the turn. This doesn't really relate to the op though bc villain was described as a 17/14 ABC tag.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 PM

If we crai the turn and he calls with a hand which is ahead of ours, he played whatever hand that is really poorly. He has to make a sickeningly bad call with Qx, or he made a bad call on the flop with a FD, or he didn't protect a set or two pair on the flop. There is NO HAND on this turn that can both be ahead and be played well.

I feel like if we crai, we can most definitely credibly represent a flush and he has to have at LEAST a set to call, which he would have raised the flop with. I honestly just feel like he can't call a turn raise, but check calling gives him SO many more options to win this hand with air, ESPECIALLY if we check the river omfg. You either have to cf or crai here and I would never, ever, ever cf.

Furthermore, if he wants to put us on AK or some kind of air + diamond he can call with his 88 or TT or whatever and be behind...