Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did I benefit from buying it?
Yes 13 28.26%
No 33 71.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Step on stars for the sunday million (poll inside)

I think it would be retarded for PS to create cash STEPS but be opposed to Millions STEPS
Old 10-27-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If the cash STEPS don't start out at $2 or $3, then I won't be playing on PokerStars anymore. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that none of the games I can afford to play interest me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question - where are you going to play? As a micro-donk, I agree that cash steps starting that low would be awesome, but even without them I think Stars is the best place for a micro-donk to play... (best in terms of low stakes MTT's, SnG's and cash tables).

OT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to be playing anywhere.

I don't like poker like I used to, so I don't play low stakes and try to grind it out to win. I might play, but I give up and play bad and lose. The money is the only thing that can keep me playing good, but there is no good payouts in low stakes. If I play a $5 multi or something, I know the odds of getting first aren't good and I figure I will get a bad beat 3 hours into the tourney anyway, so I just don't play, or I play crazy and go with any draw.

If I had a bankroll for the $39 sats into the Million or something, then I would play those and try to win and play the Sunday Million every week and not blow the money in my account.

And I don't make enough money to deposit a good amount, so i'm kinda stuck at the bottom.

That's why I wanted these STEPS so bad because it would be the easiest way for me to play in the Million and I would actually try to win even though it's just a $2 tourney. Plus it would be fun.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be retarded for PS to create cash STEPS but be opposed to Millions STEPS

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with a cash STEP, the top prize might be $2000, but the top prize into the Million is only $215. And they think that a $215 top prize for a STEP doesn't make sense. So cash STEPS would still be better to them.

But maybe they can make a special option in the cash STEPS that lets you unregister at the $215 level only, and play in the Sunday Million instead of continuing on with the cash STEPS. But there will be rules of course. Like you can only unregister from the $215 level in the cash STEPS like twice a week or something.

Does this sound like a good idea?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:15 PM

I find it remarkably strange that ANY business would ever turn down a bunch of customers who are absolutely begging to help increase their profitability with minimal effort.

Just odd.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it remarkably strange that ANY business would ever turn down a bunch of customers who are absolutely begging to help increase their profitability with minimal effort.

Just odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit of an assumption.

It's possible that they've crunched the numbers, and figured the increase in step participation may decrease the other sats, and the others are more profitable for them.

(not saying that's the case, or what I believe, just saying that without crunching the numbers, we have no way of knowing if it's a +EV move for stars)

OT
Old 10-27-2007, 03:28 PM

IMO they would obtain/retain more customers for the long haul. I think it's a bad decision that they may eventually reconsider in the future. Just my opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 03:44 PM

I PMed looking for a bit more in depth version of PS's reasoning and essentially their view is "you have plenty of satellite options that are just fine, go play those"

Essentially they aren't making millions STEPS no matter how great the demand. Doubt continuing to post in this thread will have any impact.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:48 PM

Hooray, double shoutouts.

:|
Old 10-28-2007, 12:18 AM

man oh man do i miss those partpoker steps.
but steps to the million would be genius.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:15 PM

Put me in the camp for steps to the sunday million