[ QUOTE ]
Runner runner flush outs count for about half an out each

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

do some math
Old 09-13-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: probably standard AAxx hand

[ QUOTE ]
I'd get it in there too. Also, I would've bet more like 30 or full pot instead of 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you only min buy in and shortstack at the table anyway, so shoving for $7 more really isn't important.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM

??
Old 09-13-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
??

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you have me on ignore or something as well?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:22 PM

I don't know where that comment came from. I've done the minbuyin/shortstack thing a couple times but 98% of the time I play full stack. So yeah....
Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 AM

when i learned about odds, implied odds and so on i was a bit confused.
the main thing we should take as axiom that the money we gave the pot now is a *dead* and we may forget about it and dont take in math. but actually it isnt the 100% true, and the reasons why we raising sometimes to come contrariety with odds. maybe you shouldnt math money in the pot as *yours* but you became "negative commited" with infoirmation you get by your bets/calls which should discount your outs.
so if you raised by special reasons and not by odds, why you are falling in love with your hand when you get an information about? i see many people really like to count these odds and make decisions based on it, but, again, the poker is a game about information. after he reraised we 've got some information, and we should take it. if we would make our decisions only based on odds we go broke.
even more, with "odds" approach you may make yourself commited on every pot like this.

about this situation, author said that he was pretty agro, and raised a lot. but after his flop raise we see he's reraised. now i suppose that average player wouldnt reraise aggro player with just about top and botom cards. i also suggest there is not a str8 draw, because for opponent would be safer to call it. very few players wold make agression against big agressor w/o something, esp. for all their stack.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when i learned about odds, implied odds and so on i was a bit confused.
the main thing we should take as axiom that the money we gave the pot now is a *dead* and we may forget about it and dont take in math. but actually it isnt the 100% true, and the reasons why we raising sometimes to come contrariety with odds. maybe you shouldnt math money in the pot as *yours* but you became "negative commited" with infoirmation you get by your bets/calls which should discount your outs.
so if you raised by special reasons and not by odds, why you are falling in love with your hand when you get an information about? i see many people really like to count these odds and make decisions based on it, but, again, the poker is a game about information. after he reraised we 've got some information, and we should take it. if we would make our decisions only based on odds we go broke.
even more, with "odds" approach you may make yourself commited on every pot like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

what?

[ QUOTE ]
about this situation, author said that he was pretty agro, and raised a lot. but after his flop raise we see he's reraised. now i suppose that average player wouldnt reraise aggro player with just about top and botom cards. i also suggest there is not a str8 draw, because for opponent would be safer to call it. very few players wold make agression against big agressor w/o something, esp. for all their stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the opposite?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:29 AM

I would have called the raise pre-flop. This leads to an easy decision on the flop to all three questions: check-FOLD!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:56 AM

oh my english is bad
i try to explain again

when you raise not by odds you may make correct decision. but if you firstly based your decision based on your experience and then, faced with problem, come to base your decision based on odds its very wrong.
i mean, after your raised, you get some information about and you should take it and reevaulate your chanses of winning

at this situation, as i said, you faced with reraise which probably means you've already beaten.