Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-25-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Another \"Am I a D-bag\" thread

Since this is my 3rd "am i a D-bag" thread I'm assuming the answer is "yes" since I keep having to question these situations, but here goes anyway. Again, I will try to be impartial with my telling of the story and not just give the version that makes me look ok.

Backstory on me and this fellow is that a couple weeks ago he pulled an angle on a newb and I called him on it and he got really upset that I would question his integrity. It got dropped, and then tonight this situation occurred.

We are in a pot together. River comes a third heart giving me a flush. I go all in, he insta-calls. I flip over my cards. He uses the F bomb quite loudly saying "You F*er." I don't respond. I ask dealer to chop one of the redbirds, and I tip her 3 dollars. (Now, to give you guys some info on this game, tipping red-birds is pretty common after large pots, and I've even seen a black chip given as a tip, however my thing is I usually tip .1% of the pot rounded up to the nearest dollar, so this pot was 2K+, so that equals 3 dollars).

About 30 seconds later, he asks the dealer "How much did he tip you, a dollar?" She puts up 3 fingers indicating that I tipped her 3 dollars, and he give a "psssshhh" and rolls his eyes.

This is where I speak up. I say "Do you have a problem?" He responds "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the dealer." I respond "yeah but you were talking about me. Do you have a problem with how I tip?" He responds "yeah, I do." I say very nastily "Who the hell do you think you are?" That's when floor is called over and that's pretty much the end of the situation.

The reason I ask is that a couple guys from the table who are buddies with this guy got in my face about starting with him. That's why I ask you guys, am I a D-bag?

Thanks for the replies

tl;dr. I win big pot, tip 3 dollars, villain makes fun of my tipping, I say "Who the hell do you think you are?" Am I a douche?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Another \"Am I a D-bag\" thread

Clearly villain is the dbag. None of your actions were dbagish. Put the Ipod on next time.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:49 PM

nothing wrong with you in this situation
Old 11-25-2007, 01:55 PM

next hand you win, tip the [censored] 1 buck and tell him if he wants, he can refuse it.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:28 PM

.1% is a little light IMHO but still none of his freaking business. He was clearly passive aggressively going after you and trying to "start" something. I'd have had EXACTLY the same that you did.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:46 PM

It doesn't seem appropriate to me that a dealer should be responding to question from one player about how another player is tipping.
BTW, I probably tip $3 on this pot as well.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:49 PM

You're not the d-bag but you handled it wrong, imo. Anything that raises your blood pressure is bad for YOU and anything that raises HIS is bad for him. He's clearly a bit tilted. Don't do the same to yourself. Occasionally this sort of thing happens to me and I handle it by just laughing at the other guy.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't seem appropriate to me that a dealer should be responding to question from one player about how another player is tipping.
BTW, I probably tip $3 on this pot as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what I'd tip, but I agree the dealer should not be talking about your tipping. That guy seems like a realllll jerk, next time just tell him you'd tip whatever you want with HIS money, and point to your stack, or your rolex if you want.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:54 PM

He was a jerk but you are really escalating it by directly confronting him about it.
If some d-bag wants to ask every dealer how much I tipped on every single hand it would bug me and I would thinkk they were an idiot but directly confronting him with, "who the hell do you think you are" is too much.

I also agree that the dealer should not be telling others how much you tipped.

I would also be somewhat curious about the angle on the newb you called him on a couple weeks prior.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:02 PM

You're not a douche at all, I would have gotten pissed at the guy and said something about his small brain. If not for his buddies there, I also would have spent the rest of my time at the table referring to the difficulty of counting his money.