Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: QQ vs TAG and tard To spew or not to spew...

[ QUOTE ]
For those advocating a flop bet, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

My reasoning was that a flop bet was for value against smaller pocket pairs, and would not allow a free card to Kx (espescially KQ) hands.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check & see. What line I take on the later streets varies largely depending on what happens on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that the two EP players have checked to OP. When they check to me I bet. I am pretty confident that we are ahead here.

Buzz
Old 10-29-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check & see. What line I take on the later streets varies largely depending on what happens on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that the two EP players have checked to OP. When they check to me I bet. I am pretty confident that we are ahead here.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is BB, 1st to act.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:44 PM

easiest b/f ever
Old 10-29-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is BB, 1st to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, lol

Well I still like a CB here because I like our hand. Although I suppose a sexy would be pretty funny here if ABC villain goes, "OMG he has AK and missed the flop, I bet" lol wait that doesn't work...
Old 10-29-2007, 10:39 PM

Let me expand a bit further on my question above, then: what are we hoping to accomplish with a flop bet? We never, ever cause a better hand to fold, and we'll only very rarely be called by a worse hand. I know that some people are looking at the moran's stats & thinking "calling station", but he's not--a 0.9 AF with a 60VPIP is actually what I would call moderately aggressive.

As far as protecting our hand goes, what are we protecting against? A gutshot? With us holding two of the queens, KQ & QT become far less likely than normal, and I personally would love to see KT make a straight on the turn. A naked king? I'm willing to run the risk of the flop checking through and someone with Kx turning their 3-outer.

So my basic line here is to check the flop & see what happens after I check. If UTG+1 bets and the moran calls, I fold. If the TAG checks and MP1 bets, I put a lot of "thought" into my action before making a slow call (I'm acting weak, must have flopped a monster, eh?). If UTG+1 overcalls, I'm check/folding the turn UI. If UTG+1 check/raises, I'm folding immediately. If UTG+1 bets and the moran raises, I'm also folding immediately.

If UTG+1 bets and MP1 folds, I call the flop bet (using the same style as above), and check the turn planning to fold to a bet there.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:58 AM

Harv, dude, why do you come and go so much? Why can't you stay in the micros and learn us more? Awesome post. Have you done a Well, and if so linky please.

I bet/folded and thought it was right. I'm clearly not on the level as the post above and need to get there soon. I think I'm getting close, but not quite there.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="red"> Sox </font>
Old 10-30-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Harv, dude, why do you come and go so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's this annoying thing that I recently started doing again, called "work". They force me to go stand in one place for hours on end and sell things, and even make me wear pants. I probably wouldn't put up with it, except that they give me money for my efforts.

That, and I took a month off from poker. Entirely. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 AM

Very nice post.

What was your plan on the turn if you check/called MP1 on the flop and the TAG folded ?
Old 10-30-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice post.

What was your plan on the turn if you check/called MP1 on the flop and the TAG folded ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should check/fold, but I ordinarily check/call to showdown against him &amp; lose to A4o.