Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 10-04-2007, 04:54 PM

Default 2/4 HU call down?

I have yet to play this player on FTP. I haven't played a ton of HU PLO hands on this site but I've railed a few of the games to get a feel for who is who and I don't have any notes on this player. So far in the match hes been aggressive preflop with his buttons, but passive OOP. Hasn't 3bet preflop much (twice in 160ish hands). He is definately capable of bluffing, he showed down a bluff raise on the river where he c/r'd my value bet with a fullhouse and I flat called (He missed a FD and gutter). Other than that, we've both been playing pretty solid. I've bluffed him a few times but haven't had him pick one off yet. I haven't seen him overplay a weak hand or weak draw, so I assume he knows what hes doing and isn't an idiot. Does my weak turn bet make this an easy call on both streets?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $896.60
BB: $538.60

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($24, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $16</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($56, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $28</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $68</font>, Hero calls.

Anyone play the turn differently? 3bet or fold?

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($192, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $170</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: 2/4 HU call down?

ugh scoot, i think this is the classic situation where i check behind on turn.

i have now made top 2 but the turn brings a muriad of possible draws that villan can check raise with and now i'm in a tough spot because my hand is worthy of continuing but i could be already drawing dead........unlikely........or drawing slim or way ahead but he has plenty of outs to still beat me.

i know top 2 heads up is strong but this is also the type of situation that can lead to losing a healthy pot and giving the villan momentum in the match which is never a good thing.

i excersise pot control here and check behind and pretty much snap call any river bet since the pot is small and i have a hand worth calling with.........but not worth going off with.......in my opinion.

i also know that checking the turn allows my chances of getting sucked out on but thats the chances i'm going to take.

its so easy to get outplayed by betting the turn in this spot or paying off a better hand that leads to climbing back uphill further in the match.

as played, i cant see how you dont pay off on the river. its too easy to get outplayed here........thats why i check behind on turn.........or..........

RERAISE MAXIMUM ON THE TURN, STRAP ON THE SEAT BELTS AND EMBRACE THE VARIANCE GODS.

my variance tolerance is a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1 to 10 so thats why i usually take the conservative route......espeacially in heads up situations because i know there are going to be other spots down the road that my opponent is going to go off thin when i have the best of it.

i'm not looking to be the best player in the world, i just want to make money with the least amount of stomache aches.

i know opinions will vary on this thread and i know my opinions arent always the best, but this is the way i see it and thats just me. i like to keep my game organized and in control.

like cmyr said, "its those that manage well and stay in control that are going to stick around".
Old 10-05-2007, 02:34 AM

i think now that you're at the river you should muck it, but i like 3 betting that turn or just folding most of the time its strictly opponent dependent though
Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its so easy to get outplayed by betting the turn in this spot or paying off a better hand that leads to climbing back uphill further in the match.

as played, i cant see how you dont pay off on the river. its too easy to get outplayed here........thats why i check behind on turn.........or..........

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

as played I think you have to call.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:10 AM

With the relatively small amount of money that's gone in on the turn, the river is a must-call. I think you can happily 3bet the turn a high % of the time.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:46 AM

If I bet $28 on the turn against this guy it was with the intention of 3 betting and playing a big pot.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:04 PM

This is what I think,

Based on what you told us, he is very Passive OOP. He also does not 3 bet often. He most likely has a very strong hand here on flop and pre flop. This is why: since he is passive OOP and doesn't 3 bet often, my thoughts are that he has had strong hands pre flop and plays flop as fit or fold. Turn brings a lot of possibilities, but I believe he has it on the flop, I could see him flipping over KKK or 333, might have gotten lucky with turn after floating flop.

As far as your turn play, I think it was okay, ONlY if you called his c/r with expectations to re evaluate river.

As played, Fold river. Turn play was good. What was river?