Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: 1000NL is this standard with AK?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is this "type" of villain? I don't think a 21/17 is crazy or stupid. Actually, I'm willing to say that some of the better players have stats like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing this way and at times it feels pretty crazy and stupid.

You gotta admit that it is pretty damn LAG for FR. AKs has to be way ahead of his 3 betting range.

I hate cold calling a 3 bet and folding just seems like a waste of a great +ev spot.

And when I said I would 4 bet 100% of the time I meant against this type of player, not vs any type of player...in case it wasn't clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely understood you would do this vs. that villain and not a 13/11 or whatever. However, do you really think 21/17 is reckless? I have never fullstacked that high, but when I have shorted NL1000 and NL2000 it seemed like the nittiest player at the table would be like the 5th nittiest if you stuck him at any NL200 table on Stars. The play was just that much looser in general, but not stupid or reckless imo. He's not stacking off any lighter than QQ (maybe JJ) and if he shoves you pretty much have to call and are behind. You'll pick up 12 BB maybe 40% of the time, but I don't like all the times you get it in.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:33 PM

one of the more important pieces of information in this hand is what type of player MP1 is (more specifically, what MP3 thinks of him)
Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 PM

i completly forgot to add smt important about villain.
his stats are not solely fullring, but a mix of fullring and shorthanded... sorry for that. i am also really suprised that people find 21/17 laggy. like i said before, i just started playing fullring and dont really have a clue. i though 21/17 would still be taggish for fullring.