Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 08-06-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: how bad is this?

Your implied odds are good even when we play the turn like a draw - experience makes me think that this will be often 3-bet (and at least raised) even when a heart comes off. But yeah, I suppose if you gas it now, you may get it capped.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:44 PM

*grunch*
at turn we probably have about 14 MO so we get 2.3-1 so we loose a little when we raise and there are only 2 villians.

On the other hand if we see action at flop and we predict that turn also will be hot 3bet makes seanse to say other player that we dont have FD and if we hit at river flush we will get more cash.

Question is: is it enought earn at river to our sacrifice at turn?

EDIT: 3bet flop is to clean our A outs? (If PFR fold and all other players also fold then we are HU at turn so our flop raise dont have good pot equity unless we count we have cleaned A outs
Old 08-06-2007, 03:59 PM

Super Grunch

Preflop: I would call here since we are going to get 5 player. We would be looking to flop a flush draw. Flopping an A would be no good here I think.

Flop: We flopped a flush draw with a BDSD for maybe 11 outs. We should check here to try to pay the minimum to draw at out flush. When it gets back to me the first time for 2 SB, we are getting 13 to 1 odds and assuming UTG re-raises and MP2 caps we still are getting close to right odds to draw to the nut flush.

Turn: Straight completed. We are putting in 1/3 the money and while we developed an OESD along with a nut flush draw. I call first and second time around.

If UI I fold the river, non-heart 5 or 10 falls I go to SD. If the board pairs, then I have a really hard decision. I will go to SD.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:28 PM

I want that hand on the turn. I like it. Despite the capping and loss of the implied odds, it's still quite possible with the 15 outs.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Benny,

Was the river a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? I'm guessing that you have to lead at it the way the hand went down.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately no. I think my river might have been the worst play. Is this the easiest check raise ever, or is the donk OK?

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (27.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 30.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 8h Ah (straight, ten high).
UTG has Kc 9c (one pair, nines).
MP2 has 9d 7s (two pair, nines and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 30.50 BB. </font>
Old 08-07-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only thing I do different is donk the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you guys WANT to get heads-up vs. the PFR or is there something I'm missing?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing I do different is donk the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you guys WANT to get heads-up vs. the PFR or is there something I'm missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah. I missed that one. donking here when the raise is to your immediate left is a very bad way to play a multiway hand with a good draw.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:07 AM

meh
Old 08-07-2007, 01:45 AM

I'm in the "whats the question?" camp.

You've got a nice draw with probably a slim edge. I don't go crazy 3-betting the flop and lol at 3-betting the turn, it would (probably) be terrible for your edge if one of your opponents fold.

This is one of those times where you're hand may be totally readable (because of your cold-calling), but that doesn't matter, you don't need to disguise your hands in a massive pot.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:01 AM

Wierd hand. Really wierd play by the villains. We estimate them to have much better hands then they have. Are the limits to soft theese days?