Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 05:35 AM

Default ($114) This may seem spewish to the untrained eye...

Villain is the_rotter77. He's a marginally winning, aggressive regular. His aggression factor 6 handed is 4.75 over 630 hands. How do you like my play?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP (t3180)
CO (t4025)
Button (t1970)
SB (t1840)
Hero (t1255)
UTG (t1230)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t200) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t700</font>
Old 07-27-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: ($114) This may seem spewish to the untrained eye...

I wish you had a few more chips so you could float the CR and shove the turn. Would you really 3bet a 6 here when there is only a PSB left on the turn and there are no draws? Seems a little airy but probably not terrible.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 AM

villain often open completes from the sb. he will also on occasion slowplay rag aces from sb against aggressive players. i don't think he's capable of folding any ace here
Old 07-27-2007, 06:43 AM

I think when a Villain like this has an Ace, they almost always push it preflop. If he has an Ace (and doesn't fold a low one), hats off to him.

Ryan
Old 07-27-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think when a Villain like this has an Ace, they almost always push it preflop. If he has an Ace (and doesn't fold a low one), hats off to him.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think this is spuish at all. the reraise is a perfect amount, it screams good hand, more importantly if he is going to play back at you ONLY if he does have a strong Ace (against you this is a safe assumption). I like it.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:12 AM

We can't put him on an ace or pp since he should have pushed PF. I would also think he would slow play the 6 so it does seem like we're actually ahead here unless he limped a big hand PF. I don't know if I could do this in game but it has merit. Also, might be bordering on the FPS side though. Very interesting.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:18 AM

it really looks like neither of you have anything. each of you would push an ace preflop and nobody bets a 6. and each of you would be pushing all small/medium pairs preflop. so i guess you are ok unless he was tyring to trap preflop with AK AQ 99+. and yes, it does seem a bit spewish to me. i think if you are going to 3-bet i make it a little more just so he knows he cant get you off your hand if he has a king and outkicks you.

are you calling his 4-bet?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:33 PM

Warning: I've never played about the 16s

The problem with raising is that he's going to call you down with an ace now. If he has nothing wouldn't it be better to call, then have him bluff on the turn? I guess what I'm saying is that the bet on the flop seems like you're bluffing, and it's tougher to do but I would rather bet on a later street because I think it has more fold equity. He's not laying down an ace here, and he might even call with like 22+ right?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it really looks like neither of you have anything. each of you would push an ace preflop and nobody bets a 6. and each of you would be pushing all small/medium pairs preflop. so i guess you are ok unless he was tyring to trap preflop with AK AQ 99+. and yes, it does seem a bit spewish to me. i think if you are going to 3-bet i make it a little more just so he knows he cant get you off your hand if he has a king and outkicks you.

are you calling his 4-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

he cant fold now!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 PM

I don't see why you are betting the flop with a hand that is most likely ahead but can't really stand a raise. I'd check flop and call just about any bet on the turn. It's really unlikely he'll ever double barrel a board like this.