Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Stars Grinder looking for help

I just recently (in March) started playing again after a half year break from poker due to burnout, running bad and so on. Now I am back in grindmode but the results are less than mediocre to say the least. So I figured I would post my stats here and ask for your opionion on my leaks.
Bear in mind when looking at my stats that I am currently on the end (hopefully [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) of an nasty downswing, so my actual BB/100 are a tad higher obv (not that much though). I realise that having a lower BB/100 results in bigger swings and am working on improving my game (I am now in contact with a coach for instance). My StarsSN is Mart83.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Stars Grinder looking for help

are all these stats back from the poker hiatus. or is this including before. the reason i ask is because there could be a chance that the games have gotten tougher in the past couple months and you might need to re tool your game. this could be a downswing and it possibly could be just you havnt adjusted to the new competition
Old 07-22-2007, 06:51 PM

These hands are all from this year, so from March until now (I played like 280k since then including shorthanded and NL). The games seem tougher and I havent been running that hot the last hands but it seems like I have some major leaks in my game that I am unable to figure out myself as of now.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:10 PM

well im in the middle of a session right now but if you want me to i can compare with my stats when im done and get back to you

granted they are only one persons stats so i can take a look compared to mine when im done i cant at all give a one answer define all quality that will plug the leak. but i would be more than happy to help when im done
Old 07-22-2007, 10:53 PM

Post some hands so we can analyze. Would be better if you were to create a video of you playing about 100-200 hands.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 AM

Looks like you might not defend your blinds enough, you could play looser just about everywhere, and you're WSF seems a little high, which is related to your general tightness.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:47 AM

you're too passive

Anyway, aren't you doing ok then? 1 bb/100 winner?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, aren't you doing ok then? 1 bb/100 winner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately I think 1bb/100 is the new 'doing well'. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2007, 04:02 AM

He Mart,

Im grinding the same limits as you do on stars(50K hands now in 3 months), and to my opionion you are one of my least favorite oponents. There are enough people trying to grind these limits with stats like 12/8/2 which I find irritating to have on the tables, but are often not winning in the long run. Your stats seems pretty good to me, and mine look a like. (At least I hope)

I started off pretty bad (-250BB), but I'm up again and changed my play over time. I have problems as well finding my own leaks and when found, change them.

What are you especially unhappy about? Not want to hijack your thread, but I always seems to run good, until I loose some blind wars with good hands. F.e. Trying to pick up the blinds as button with AK/KQ, and overplay them.

I'm aiming for 1BB/100 - 1.5BB/100 , I don't think you can get a lot more out of this limit on stars, would you be okay with that? Or do you have it now and want more.

SH might come with huge swings, but FR as well, so keep playing and keep improving, that's what I do, and I think you are ahead of the game compared to me.

Edit.. I noticed the games became a little weaker the last 2 weeks, dunno if you have the seem playing or where playing a lot during the last 2 weeks, but before that, it seemed that there where a lot more tight (not really winning) regulars, which made it hard to grind it out.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:40 PM

thanks for putting up the table...i took a look through it and wondered what the remarks would be...i am a B&M player only for small stakes...

a couple of things interest me about your post...

the first is that its been about 26 hours since you posted and not much response...perhaps the question is too broad?

also, i guess over time one fits into a general pattern of play, but having one massive data base assumes that one approach fits all...or put another way, the conditions/other players during your play was unchanged...i am not so sure that applies to poker...

rather i think based on table conditions and opponents, one's play would differ and the statistics ought show that...what i try to work on is recognizing table trends in loose/tight passive/aggressive and changing my play to take advantage...i suspect if you could break down your hand history by table attributes you may find you played at several different kinds of table, each with its own optimal pre-flop and post-flop strategies...is there any way you can break/classify the tables you played at? i guess you folks with marketing background would recognize this thinking as market segmentation, which often happens as a market becomes mature, growth slows, and competitors begin to get wiser and profitability declines (sounds a bit like online poker don't you think?)

sorry to ask more questions, i know you want answers...here's a couple

preflop a couple of things look interesting...1 was that a large percentage of your pre-flop action is to raise...17% $VPIP and 11.7% preflop raise...are you rigid with what you raise with? seems like you limp range is small and you limp only 6%...potentially easy to put you on a small range then...also, you only limp/reraised once out of 202,917 hands? you never slow played AA or KK from early position?

gosh, it seems to me that if you play a long time and become familiar to other players, one needs to have some change ups...do you slow play on later streets occasionally?