Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: 3/6 SH problem with pocket 33

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fold the flop and it's fine
capping pf is spew
putting any money in postflop is spew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa weaktight city.

i don't think so, i think rio against a lag here is horrible. maybe against a tag who will fold his ui overs on the turn. if we're going to do this against a lag i think call, call, call is best if he will 3barrel when behind. there's no way to know if we're ahead or behind so raising any postflop doesn't seem right.

[/ QUOTE ]

If villian won't fold over then the raise because a value raise.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:11 AM

Very similar hand on pg. 229 in Stoxtrader's WITHG.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:35 AM

dude bbs range is not tight enough to fold the flop its probably something like KQo KJs ATo+ 88+ atleast, if u pokerstove that u cant fold the flop, i usually raise a board pairing turn to make him make a mistake in folding with 12 outs with UI overs, otherwise i just call, call and vb a blank river if he checks vs AK AQ AJ hi. id fold this turn.

whats stox say rick?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats stox say rick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stox is OTB with 33 and opens. SB 3-bets and BB folds. Similar flop but FD possible and safe turn card.

Stox says cap sometimes pf if Villain is not SD bound. Calling is fine. He would have folded flop if ace fell. You could raise flop but raising any non-ace turn for free SD is probably better. The pot is worth protecting because of its size, you might get 6 outer or better hand to fold. All worth the risk of getting 3-bet and having to fold there or having to fold to a river donk.

He also says that the turn raise is marginal with the possible FD but without a FD the turn raise is most likely best.

I have no idea what he would do on this turn with the ace hitting because the pot is now large, probably call down. If the flop wasn't raised I suspect the turn would be a c/f. I gather this from watching his videos where he usually has no problem folding a RIO hand like this when an ace falls in a small pot against someone who 3-bet pf.