Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 04-20-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: NFL Draft Hypothetical

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you would have to figure out a way to make sure defensive players are actually picked as defensive players and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. The whole idea seems to lack practicality due to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have the players declare before the draft what they want to be drafted for (O or D). If they get signed, and move from OLB to TE, then levy some penalty against the team that converted him. Nothing major, just enough to keep the funny business from happening. Maybe the player who gets converted (whether by his choice, or the team's) has to donate 10% of his salary to charity, and it has to be matched, or doubled, by the team as well.

This is probably a ridic. solution, but I'm just trying to keep the conversation rolling. Moreso, I'm interested in what you guys think this would do for the NFL, hurt it or help it.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:39 PM

This idea strikes me as helping the worst teams more. It would probably increased the parity in the NFL even more, making the league way lamer IMO.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This idea strikes me as helping the worst teams more. It would probably increased the parity in the NFL even more, making the league way lamer IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why parity is bad? Parity does not necessarily mean mediocrity. Wouldn't you rather have every team fighting for the playoffs than some elite and some awful teams?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why parity is bad? Parity does not necessarily mean mediocrity. Wouldn't you rather have every team fighting for the playoffs than some elite and some awful teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I like watching Dynasties. It makes for more drama and rivalries. Whats exciting about watching two .500 teams battle it out??? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I also can't stand how every year players move from team to team.

What's most shocking about this is how certain teams STILL suck in the NFL. Hello Arizona, Hello Detroit, Hello Cleveland!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, how 'bout if the salary cap limit was simultaneously loosened? This would help "alleviate" the parity being caused by the new draft procedure.

It would re-structure the league with less game-by-game variance, and more parity, yet it would help teams that are trying to build (and more importantly maintain) a dynasty.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:45 PM

I could get behind something like that. I think it would increase the emphasis on coaching and decision making, which isn't a bad thing.