Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Heads up vs. Tuan Le

villain in this hand is TeeDitty aka Tuan Le. Im sure many of you are familiar with Tuan's play from tv, it is very hyper aggressive and sometimes he overdoes it. In online cash he plays pretty similair to that but a little more subdued and a little less bluff happy (still pretty bluff happy tho). So far in this head's up session I have been playing pretty straightforward as I always have in the few sessions Tuan and I have played, mostly because I am very tentative to bluff Tuan b/c he doesn't seem to be a fan of the fold button. Also, during the 15 minutes we have been playing Tuan has been playing better than I have ever seen him play online (maybe he is getting hit by the deck) and playing less crazy than usual.

50/100 10k effective

Hero:10s7h

Hero raises to 300. Villain calls.

Flop: 10d5s4s

Villain checks. Hero bets 500. Villain raises to 1500. Hero calls.

Turn: 9c.(3600 pot)

Villain bets 2200. Hero.....

If you decide to call are you snap-calling a river shove on a blank river? What about a spade?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Heads up vs. Tuan Le

Fold flop
Old 04-19-2007, 06:39 PM

I think on the turn I like fold > shove > call. I think he is shoving almost every river and a lot of them are going to look ugly so I really hate calling. If he has been running you over and not showing down a lot of hands a shove is fine.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:49 PM

shove the turn--obv he is never folding a better hand, but i think he has a draw a vl % of the time
Old 04-19-2007, 06:49 PM

ohhhh these are the situations that give me big problems HU against crazy aggro players.

i prolly call the turn and see what card hits on the river. it really depends on the card though and whatever random instinct my stomach tells me.

i'd also review how he played hands in the past really quickly. his turn bet seems pretty small for a board like that.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:51 PM

all in on flop. with tuan le i am 95 % he r/r p/f w/ jacks and up. im very confident ur ahead and think u should jam it.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 PM
 is offline

Teeditty is Tuan Le yeah or at least some of the time. Greenstein made this post the other day:

[ QUOTE ]
Multiple people play most of the unnamed big accounts. Tuan Le told me people fight over playing his account, because they know they will get paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

So beware [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2007, 07:24 PM

i would like to hear some arguments for folding but in my opinion it is really really bad in this spot with tuan's range here.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would like to hear some arguments for folding but in my opinion it is really really bad in this spot with tuan's range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

These sorts of spots are all about how the action has been going recently. If you think folding is really bad, then fine, shove, but I think calling is horrible.

Don't get the feeling that you can just never fold top pair heads up against a crazy lag. That plays right into their overall strategy.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:44 PM

i agree that fold and shove are better than calling. its really kinda meehhh because this is the type of hand when i wish u were deeper into a HU match so u could a better grip depending on the flow, history, etc.

i guess i just dont know tuan well enough but a fold just seems best at this point. you say considering his range its bad to fold. this may be true overall but i dont think u can say that this early on in the much. I dont think your being exploited badly if u just lay this down at this point without a better read of where your at.