Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 04-17-2007, 12:35 AM

Default 67o in CO after posting (no reads)

The table seemed somewhat loose. I watched the orbit while I waited for the BB and read 2p2 so I wasn't paying too much attention. Then I got skipped somehow so I posted. I saw some cold calls and a 3 bet but nothing special.

No PA boz. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

PokerStars Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> OK, so he's got a 9. Big deal, I've got a monster draw, I'm not ready to fold yet and raising doesn't look good either. </font>

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero

<font color="green"> Okaay, so someone has trips. Did they just boat up? My gut is saying no but my heart is saying be careful. I've still got odds to draw to the str8, but how far should I cut down my outs?</font>
Old 04-17-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: 67o in CO after posting (no reads)

i fold it now. we are trapped in the middle of two people who like their hands now that the board has paired. we have the butt end of the straight draw and obviously no pair outs are good whereas if we had jt i might give you a bit of pair outtage. there's also the small chance that our straight card, if we hit on the river, may boat someone up. besides, sandwiched this we the turn may well get capped.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:51 AM

at worst it's 14:3, so it's probably close to neutral EV. The 4-flush leans me towards a call, which is one less way we can lose.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 4-flush leans me towards a call, which is one less way we can lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the lack of the 4 flush?
Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 AM

uh yah whatever, 4-rainbow. you know what I mean [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2007, 01:57 AM

the problem to me is that with the board paired, if we hit our straight we can't go nuts on the river and extract all the value/implied odds that we were seeking
Old 04-17-2007, 02:23 AM

We only need 1 bet on the river to make up for paying for a turn cap 14:3 (4.667:1 is .1x3 bets short). It's not always going to get capped, although I will admit if it gets capped, our goose is probably already cooked.

edit: odds
Old 04-17-2007, 04:09 AM

I think I missed your "monster draw" on the flop. You have the bottom end of an OESD, when QJ is out there you only have 4 outs. So I like calling the flop.

If it gets capped and all of your outs are good calling is slightly +EV. However, you don't know if all of your outs are good. You may be against a boat already (88, 98, maybe 22), and if not somebody with T9 takes away half of your outs. Let's say you have around 6 outs and I think you have slightly positive implied odds (however, you can't cap the river if you hit and if it gets capped you're likely toast; could you fold the straight on the river when the other two start a war?), but you're not looking at more than 7:1 implied odds.

I fold.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:13 AM

yes, i forgot to post that the first time through; good point. "monster draw" this is not.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:18 AM

Calling the flop is better in a vacuum and raising is better for meta reasons. I'd raise it some of the time* but calling is fine of course. Turn yeah you are [censored] the pot isn't big enough to call the 3-bet.

* - Assuming he doesn't always have a nine