Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 06:09 AM

Default 2/4$ SH QTs

BB: 21,8/14/2,32/34,99/6449

2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 04-14-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Re: 2/4$ SH QTs

i think i prefer to c/c all 3 streets.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:57 AM

Looks good. The turn c/r should fold a decent amount of hands and by the river you have a valuebet IMO.

Check/raising the flop is a possibility as well, but I doubt your folding eq on that flop is that high.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:48 AM

I would prefer to checkraise flop and bet/call turn. If raised on turn, I would check/call the river (with the tens). If called on turn I bet/call river (with the tens). I don't like the turn raise because it looks to suspicious and I believe BB would call any weak made hand or draw and we don't have enough equity to raise for value.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:00 AM

i would c/c ths Turn because you will get looked up a decent amount with A high he might fold K high but this is the minority of his 3betting range imho...this board doesnt look great to pull a bluff imho on the other hand you showed a very strong line and hes reasonable so he might fold his big aces a decent amount of Time but you also get 3bets from Time to Time....all in all i dont think theres too much value in it in the long run so i prefer c/c

I also thought about image, your Turn c/r might get paid off more often with Big hands....overall its close in expectation but i prefer the passive line...Kind of depends on the table dynamic, you feelings etc
Old 04-14-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would prefer to checkraise flop and bet/call turn. If raised on turn, I would check/call the river (with the tens). If called on turn I bet/call river (with the tens). I don't like the turn raise because it looks to suspicious and I believe BB would call any weak made hand or draw and we don't have enough equity to raise for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

- Against the vast majority of the online players I have played a turn c/r has a LOT more folding equity than a flop c/r. Flop c/r = I have a draw and villain 3-bets a lot.

- If Hero dosent c/r these turns he will never get paid of big the times he c/r a monster.

- Most online players tend to check behind marginal hands on the turn. His 2'nd barrel slims his range down to hands that are good enough to bet/call(/raise) and hands that are bad enough to make bet/fold profitable. C/r'ing to fold the last category has a lot of value and hero has a gazzillion outs if villain calls or raises.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:54 AM

u dont have enough folding equity vs most in a blind battle (theyd have to be really weak-tight to want to make a play here for me), this is the type of board u never get AK-AT to fold to ur turn bet after u cr the flop, and those hands probably call down a turn cr or donk on the board pairing turn as well (its so suspicious) and I dont wanna fire 3 barrels here. As played on the turn river bet is what u gotta do tho.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:04 PM

On this board I prefer to c/c all the way. The problem with c/r'ing anywhere is that you don't have the FE you need IMO. The flop is so draw heavy that nobody will fold. The turn card is almost guranteed not to have helped you so I don't think BB will be folding often enough.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u dont have enough folding equity vs most in a blind battle (theyd have to be really weak-tight to want to make a play here for me)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BB: 21,8/14 /2,32/ 34,99 /6449

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
this is the type of board u never get AK-AT to fold to ur turn bet after u cr the flop, and those hands probably call down a turn cr or donk on the board pairing turn as well (its so suspicious)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you play monster laggy WPEX right?

Hero has 15 cards to improve. His folding equity doesnt have to be that good for a c/r to be more profitable than c/c.